Rematch in the air

UNIONFAN

If Alabama would have made 25% of the field goals they missed against LSU they would have won.

Having said that, LSU won the game, and deserves the #1 spot. In my honest opinion there is only 1 team that has a shot of beating LSU, and that is Alabama. You can compare schedules, stats, etc. but when it comes down to it if you tell me there is a team in the country better than Alabama(other than LSU) I'll call you a liar.

If they both win out then it should be #1 LSU vs #2 Alabama for the BCS National Championship. If not, then it will show how flawed the BCS system is, and maybe it will be enough to start a playoff system. Either way I win lol

While I do agree with you Bama is clearly the second best team. They had their shot. They had their shot at Home. If I had a vote even if Bama beat LSU at a neutral site in the so called "Championship game". I would still vote for LSU because what they did at Bama would be more impressive. Then you have to throw in a win over a 10-2 (more than likely) UGA team. I mean how would Bama be more deserving than LSU?

They had their shot. I don't want to see a rematch. I don't think most of the country wants to see a rematch.

what a surprising statement coming from a Vols fan ;) and there is a reason it is called the National Chamionship game , if Bama and LSU play in it and Bama wins they will be the National Champs, that is how the system is set up and until major changes are made that is how it will be.

I don't think most of the country wants to see a rematch.

Of course not. Most of the rest of the country wants to see LSU and Bama both lose because of SEC domination. And I understand why a Vols fan would not want Bama to get the rematch because of the hatred most UT fans feel toward Alabama, and I can live with that. But if Bama and LSU both win out, they both deserve to be in the BCSNC whether Vols fans like it or not. Roll Tide!

The truth is if Bama doesn't even win their division. How do they deserve anything? They had their chance. I do think they are one of the two best teams in the country. But there are alot of years when the best teams don't win it. Bama doesn't have anyone to blame but Bama. How is Bama more deserving than a one loss ACC champion? How would they be more deserving than a one loss Big 12 champion? Just because we think they are the more talented team? The system shouldn't work that way.

I understand what you guys are saying. I do. I am a vols fan and I do hate Bama. But that isn't what this is about. Either the games during the year mean something or they don't.

LSU could lose to Arkansas and it could all change. If that happens my opinion would change. But if LSU wins out. I don't see any way you could give it to Bama. They would have already have beaten them at home.....

I would rather see Tech or Ok. St if they win out than the rematch. JMO. Has nothing to do with my hate for Bama. I would say the same about LSU if Bama had beaten them in Baton Rouge.

The truth is if Bama doesn't even win their division. How do they deserve anything? They had their chance. I do think they are one of the two best teams in the country. But there are alot of years when the best teams don't win it.

That's a weak argument. Just because there are a lot of years when the best teams don't win it doesn't make it right. The two best teams left standing after the conference championships are played should play for the BCSNC, regardless if they are conference champions or not. What would you do with teams that have no conference championship if they have a good SOS and go undefeated or are the best one-loss team remaining? Just eliminate them because they didn't win a conference championship? That's absurd. If Bama and LSU are the consensus two best teams left before the BCSNC is played, they should play for all the marbles.

Edited by blueinbama

You didn't answer.....

How are they more deserving than a one loss ACC champion or a one loss Big 12 champion?

If Arkansas wins. It all changes. But if not. I don't see it....

Because they are ranked #2 in the nation. It's not rocket science. The BCS decides, and according to the BCS, Bama is the second best team in the country. And most who have watched Bama play agree, even most UT fans.

Edited by blueinbama

You can say it isnt about hating on Bama all you want, but that is exactly what it appears to be. I would like a playoff system, the only thing not usual about this year is that Bama and LSU are from the same conference, in years past some of the teams that made the NC game didnt have to play a conference championship game but they didnt hold that against them, its pretty simple in the end, if that is where the bcs ranks you then that is the game you go to.

You can say it isnt about hating on Bama all you want, but that is exactly what it appears to be. I would like a playoff system, the only thing not usual about this year is that Bama and LSU are from the same conference, in years past some of the teams that made the NC game didnt have to play a conference championship game but they didnt hold that against them, its pretty simple in the end, if that is where the bcs ranks you then that is the game you go to.

If we had a plus one this year, Bama would be in the same conversation after LSU played whoever they would play, so even though Vos61 doesn't think Bama is deserving, he would also feel the same if Bama was included in a plus one I can assure you. His argument doesn't hold water.

Because they are ranked #2 in the nation. It's not rocket science. The BCS decides, and according to the BCS, Bama is the second best team in the country. And most who have watched Bama play agree, even most UT fans.

I think they are too..... But for me the game on the 5th should count for something. If you don't at least win your divsion I just have a problem with jumping other conference champions with the same records.

I think whatever happens over the next few weeks one of them is going to walk away with the National championship. But from just a college football fan without a dog in it. I just don't want to see that game again.

I think they are too..... But for me the game on the 5th should count for something. If you don't at least win your divsion I just have a problem with jumping other conference champions with the same records.

I think whatever happens over the next few weeks one of them is going to walk away with the National championship. But from just a college football fan without a dog in it. I just don't want to see that game again.

Then you shouldn't watch it, because there are a lot of college football fans who do want to see it, and not all of them are Bama or LSU fans. They realize these are the best two teams remaining (that is if both win out) and they would witness another great knock-down drag-out slobber knocker. And whether you want to admit it or not, your UT bias is palpable.

It has nothing to do with UT....... at all. Like I said earlier. The game on the 5th should count for something. LSU beat Bama on their home field. I hope you at least agree with that......

So how is Bama beating LSU at a neutral site more impressive than that. What makes them deserve the title over LSU. Did they beat Oregon? Did they beat WV at WV? I know they beat PSU. But even if Bama won LSU has a argument they should still should be national champs.

The only way Bama can claim it after winning it is saying the game on the 5th was meaningless and that is the whole argument the system you keep talking about uses to justify itself. The games mean something. It is BS just leave the C out. It is past time for a playoff. There is no way under this system Bama should be playing LSU again. Not if there are other one loss conference champions.

That has nothing at all to do with UT....

It has nothing to do with UT....... at all. Like I said earlier. The game on the 5th should count for something. LSU beat Bama on their home field. I hope you at least agree with that......

So how is Bama beating LSU at a neutral site more impressive than that. What makes them deserve the title over LSU. Did they beat Oregon? Did they beat WV at WV? I know they beat PSU. But even if Bama won LSU has a argument they should still should be national champs.

The only way Bama can claim it after winning it is saying the game on the 5th was meaningless and that is the whole argument the system you keep talking about uses to justify itself. The games mean something. It is BS just leave the C out. It is past time for a playoff. There is no way under this system Bama should be playing LSU again. Not if there are other one loss conference champions.

That has nothing at all to do with UT....

I'll just refer you to my other posts on the matter. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. I'm sure everyone else is tired of it as well. And I'm sorry, but I don't buy the statement that it has nothing to do with UT where you are concerned. I'm done trying to convince you. It's impossible.

You need to take the bama glasses off. LSU beat them at home. It should count for something. If LSU wins out there is no way Bama should be national champs.

Read that.....

Well of course if LSU wins out they should be national champs, genius.

There fixed it for you..... weak....

You're an excitable little fellow, aren't you? Since you're so obsessed with Bama, let's turn the tables for a moment:

Doesn't UT have to beat Kentucky to qualify for a bowl game? Aren't you guys 1-6 in the SEC? I guess when you're that pathetic, you have to find something to complain about. What are you going to do if Bama and LSU end up in the BCSNC? Give up college football? LOL!