ACC Championships Since 2002:

Thought this might be interesting to show. Here's a list, drawn into three categories, of all sports:

1. Championships in the last 10 years.

2. Championships in the last 5 years.

3. Championships in the last 3 years.

1. Virginia 50, 26, 14.

2. Florida State 38, 21, 13.

3. North Carolina 34, 12, 6.

4. Duke 32, 11, 5.

5. Maryland 25, 15, 9.

6. Georgia Tech 16, 7, 5.

7. Clemson 14, 9, 6.

8. Virginia Tech 13, 8, 2.

9. NC State 11, 2, 2.

10. Wake For 8, 3, 2.

11. Miami 5, 1, 0.

12. Boston College 1, 1, 0.

Surprised UNC's got the reputation it does when the numbers don't back them up. 4th over the last 5 years and 3 years. Surprised Maryland is going so well with its program in turmoil.

Really wasn't trying to throw down on VT here.

If I wanted to do that, there are more than enough stats to use. ;)

Just thought it might be something interesting, particularly with UNC's overblown reputation and Maryland's discombobulation.

I don't know if I would classify UNC's reputation as being overblown. Maybe I've been exposed to different opinions than you, but I would peg them right there around that 2-4 spot, which isn't too shabby.

As far as VT goes, I'm glad to see we're that far up the board. I wouldn't have put us even that high if I had to guess.

I don't know if I would classify UNC's reputation as being overblown. Maybe I've been exposed to different opinions than you, but I would peg them right there around that 2-4 spot, which isn't too shabby.

As far as VT goes, I'm glad to see we're that far up the board. I wouldn't have put us even that high if I had to guess.

It may well be just different exwperiences. Part of it may be that UNC's basketball reputation is national, and with the national exposure, it gives the national impression that UNC is greater than they truly are. Much of the reputation I speak of comes from hearing people in PA talk.

I would've pegged VT there, particularly with the football and T&F prowess.

• 2 weeks later...