Sandusky's Situation: Not Just a Football Problem

http://mobile.pennlive.com/advpenn/pm_29239/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=HezVGITo

Will probably end up losing my law school due to the $60M fine. I don't consider the State College campus "my school"...I was in Carlisle for all four years.

Completely stupid question, but here goes....

Is there any chance that Dickinson College would be interested in absorbing the Law School if/when PSU abandons Carlisle?

Completely stupid question, but here goes....

Is there any chance that Dickinson College would be interested in absorbing the Law School if/when PSU abandons Carlisle?

Not a stupid question at all. The law school's under Penn State's umbrella now. Penn State owns all the personal, real, and intellectual property that goes with it. The powers that be at Penn State kept the Dickenson name to draw on the history (oldest law school in PA and 5th-oldest in the U.S.) and prestige (president Buchanan, for one) who had attended there. And, perhaps, to placate the townsfolk, who have almost a fanatical devotion to the place.

When the law school goes, Penn State's going to take everything that isn't nailed, bolted, or otherwise affixed to the ground. Though, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that some disgruntled Carlislites (including people like Lewis Katz, Laddie Montague, and others with the capital) would try to start a new law school from scratch and put it on the site of the old law school. It can be done. There's always the immediate access to Harrisburg. I just don't see it ever being anything more than a Tier 2 school if it were to go that route.

I have a sad feeling that all that 60 mil is not going to be used for youthful victims etc. I figure a lot will stick to the NCAA's hands. This is too much money for a group of sports bureaucrats to pass up. Should be a matter for the courts. Even if the NCAA and PSU agree on a penalty I believe the NCAA may be subject to some legal action from players and other affected parties.