Virginia High VS Tennessee Vikings (V-T Game)

thsvikings2004

Both teams seem to be having off years. Last year was amazing (for us anyway) & obviously we'd love to see that happen again, after such a hard loss. Could be a close game, depending on how much progress our air attack (or lack thereof) makes this week. The fact that it's at Stone Castle is a pretty big factor, TN High plays very well at home

We not having a off year we just struggled agains a good 6A Jefferson County team. Our defense played good we was only down 7-3 with five minutes left in 2nd quarter when our offense started turning the ball over throwing a pick six,a interception etc. Before that out defense created 3 turnovers and the offense couldnt do nothing with it.But yall Cats see how down the Vikings are this year.

I would pull for VHS in this one, but I don't think that they will fair well against THS. The only reason I say this is because of the level of talent that both schools play. Meaning, THS is accustomed to playing teams with better ability and athletes than VHS plays during their reg season schedule. And due to this but not only this, I think THS will rise to the occassion...

I've had many people ask me, as a VHS student, how is this rivalry different from the Battle rivalry. My answer: we can pull for Battle in games that don't feature us, with THS we always want them to lose. My reasoning is that Battle has, until recently, been like our little brothers, we enjoy picking on them and clobbering them; whereas THS has always been the token school in Bristol, always beating us, so victories are sporadic and well-celebrated. This trend does seem to be changing though, at least on the JSB front.