Virginia-43, Richmond-19

Deleted Account

Never, and I do mean never, have I been to a more humid football game than what I saw Saturday. Even the breeze wasn't cool...it just felt like the hot air your fan first shoots at you when you first turn on the AC.

My thoughts:

1. Offense is improved over last year, but the O-Line needs to be more aggressive.

2. Sims is clearly better than Rocco. I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch mid-season.

3. Threw far more than we rushed, which I think was simply throwing Penn State off the trail.

4. Ran our 4th-string RB, Khalek Shepherd, when we did rush.

5. That last TD for Richmond was scored with :30 to go in the game.

6. Team came out like they were shot out of a cannon, then played complacently after getting up 22-0.

The heat really was terrible there sat. the people behind us left about mid 2nd and it seem to cool off just enough to tolerate it..

I think the offense will be ok would have just liked to have seen more throws down field. They kept saying they were going to go deep more this season but seemed like every throw rocco hit his check down and didnt even take a chance down field. I agree that simms is prob. the better option, just think its a matter of time before the change is made. Something else i noticed was that richardson didnt run the ball was there something going on there?

The heat really was terrible there sat. the people behind us left about mid 2nd and it seem to cool off just enough to tolerate it..

I think the offense will be ok would have just liked to have seen more throws down field. They kept saying they were going to go deep more this season but seemed like every throw rocco hit his check down and didnt even take a chance down field. I agree that simms is prob. the better option, just think its a matter of time before the change is made. Something else i noticed was that richardson didnt run the ball was there something going on there?

Richardson's nursing a sore hammy. A gametime decision, and he didn't play. He should be good to go for Saturday.

Rocco's touch on the deep passes is what's going to separate him from Sims in the end. Sims puts the ball on the money, while Rocco just doesn't have that kind of arm strength.

That makes sense with richardson, I really think before hes gone he could become a dominate force with his size and the way he runs.

Im not for sure if it was the game plan or if rocco was just a little scared to throw the deep ball in fear of messing up but there were alot more check down throws than i would have liked to see. I understand its one game and if you look at the numbers he really didnt play bad at all so no need to call him out but you could tell when simms went in hes clearly the fan favorite.