WVU-Texas

mavsgrad

Well, this is what I was quietly hoping for. WVU will head to Austin this Saturday for a battle of two unbeaten Big 12 teams. The question is, what will it take for WVU to go to Austin and beat Texas? Feel free to give your take.

Unfortunately the Maryland game is the only one I have had time to watch all the way through but I think it goes without saying that Geno is unstoppable when he has good protection. I think we need to have a little stronger running game. Having Alston healthy should help this a lot (does anyone know what his status is?). I don't think he played yesterday.

The defense needs to improve. I'm not sure how much though. Baylor came into yesterday averaging almost 50 points a game and around 400 yards passing. So we weren't the first to give up a lot of points to them. Our defense had been effective in causing turnovers also which can help balance the yards given up. However, 63 points is just unacceptable and I hope the coaches can help the D get better.

I think we have a great chance this Saturday to pick up a huge win but we can't assume we will score 70 points every game. Hopefully Alston will be healthy which will help protect Geno and improve our running attack. The defense needs to tackle better and get Texas off the field on third downs. I believe overall we are better than Texas but their isn't a huge margin for error. Hopefully Dana will coach em up and we'll play to our potential. Do that and their will be a big celebration going on in Morgantown!!

oops wvu decided to play the game....not pretty but winning is winning....24 td's and 0 interceptions for geno smith...impressive...more impressive his high 70s completion percentage....offensive line did well for most part...d..did enough at the end

oops wvu decided to play the game....not pretty but winning is winning....24 td's and 0 interceptions for geno smith...impressive...more impressive his high 70s completion percentage....offensive line did well for most part...d..did enough at the end

The O line did a great job of run blocking, especially late in the game. They almost cost us though with their pass blocking. Huge win for WVU. I am on cloud 9 right now.

I still think WVU's defense or lack thereof will hurt them down the line. But tonight? They gave a very nice account of themselves. Well done, WVU.

Are you feeling ok? Giving WVU some props! LOL. Pass defense is a BIG concern, not to bad against the run considering the great backs Texas has. Special teams needs huge improvement too! But I love this offense!

Really hope we can recruit a kicker that can put it in the endzone! That can be a major weapon. Jsut don't know why we have so much problems on special teams! Hope we can get that fixed.

101,851 at the game new record for the stadium. Says alot considering the teams that have played there. Of course both of them being undefeated didn't hurt either! LOL