Dale Jr has a concussion...out 2 weeks

Ryan4VT

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8489668/dale-earnhardt-jr-concussion-2-races

JR will be replced by Regan Smith (my second favorite driver) for the next two races. This ends JRs championship hopes. Ricky Craven says he wouldn't be surprised to see JR sit out the last 6 races.

Discuss.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8489668/dale-earnhardt-jr-concussion-2-races

JR will be replced by Regan Smith (my second favorite driver) for the next two races. This ends JRs championship hopes. Ricky Craven says he wouldn't be surprised to see JR sit out the last 6 races.

Discuss.

I`m not a Dale Jr. fan but I do hate to hear this. Jr`s championship hopes were already gone a couple weeks ago though. I hope he doesn`t have any long lasting effects from this.

I`m not a Dale Jr. fan but I do hate to hear this. Jr`s championship hopes were already gone a couple weeks ago though. I hope he doesn`t have any long lasting effects from this.

I know they were "gone". But now they are 100% done. He could have won the last 6 races and made a comeback. Lol. Not likely, but you get my point. He's not my favorite driver either, but I do hate to see it. Concussions are bad. And I hope he's healthy in the long run.

I know they were "gone". But now they are 100% done. He could have won the last 6 races and made a comeback. Lol. Not likely, but you get my point. He's not my favorite driver either, but I do hate to see it. Concussions are bad. And I hope he's healthy in the long run.

I agree, until today I hadn`t heard anything about this. Seeing the replay, it was a hard hit.

I agree, until today I hadn`t heard anything about this. Seeing the replay, it was a hard hit.

It just broke this morning. He said it was actually a crash at a practice session in Kansas that caused it. The wreck Sunday was just enough to get him to the doctor.

Dale wasn't going to win the championship but it is sad for him to have to miss two races near the end of what has been a great season. I was a huge fan of Dale Sr. and pull for Jr. now. He is certainly not the driver his dad was but I admire how he carries and handles himself and this was an admirable decision. Hope to see you back healthy soon Jr.

This is the opportunity of a lifetime for Smith. He gets booted out of a 3rd tier team (Furnature Row), gets put in another third tier team for two races (Phoenix) but instead gets a call this morning asking him to drive for THE team (Hendrick). Hes never had equipment this good. Two really solid runs, and maybe some teams with open seats come calling.