Giles-James Monroe Game

mountainman74

The Battle of the state line will be Saturday April 20 at 6 pm at Giles High. Giles-James Monroe alumni game. Some of Giles greats are back to bring it again. Some that I know of are The backfield of 2000, Carson Ward,Cooney Ratcliffe, Reggie Hoston (95) Ricky and Billy Cook(2005) Nathan Tanner (2006) and a slew of great linemen. The have been practicing for months, and run that wing like they never lost a step. James Monroe has put together a nice team as well. Someone will have to chime in on that. If you are going to the Tech spring game, stop in Pearisburg to see a good game.

If there was any proof needed that JM & Giles need to renew the series from the 90's, it was displayed yesterday. not sure of the total attendance was but it was more than any previous game I remember attending in Pearisburg. Brought back alot of memories. and btw, overtime game between those 2 with no significant problems from fans on either side from what I saw. This series needs to return, and I mean now!!!