RR vs Auburn

wythecofootball

I'm not familiar with auburn at all. RR starting rb was out against GW and still nearly pulled the upset after being down 21-0 at half showing they can play with anybody in the west.( pretty sure that ball skipped on gw's 2 pnt attempt but anyways lol). Can't wait to see what's in store this week

If RR has a decent run defense they will win going away.....Auburn has Nelson and that's it....he runs hard but not very fast and most of his plays are between the guards....now he will run over someone on occasion but if the RR run defense is good they won't have a problem at all

I agree folks that RR will be hard to beat, if they play well, and not dig themselves a hole in the 1st half. This game is at RR, isn't it ? If it is, RR is hard to beat at Community Stadium. Coach Dean Rhea set the foundation for that program years ago, and no matter who has been the coach, RR has been successful. Yep, RR by a TD at least.

The ball did not skip on the 2 point conversion it was a clean catch.  Several photos show that RR two point conversion run in the third was no good even though it was counted good.  Go check swvaphotography instagram.  Nevertheless it was a good game.  Best of luck to RR in the playoffs.

Nice picture. Don't think it was snapped at right time to say one way or the other but great pic none the less. Just so you know that wasn't a complaint from me. It was a great game who knows maybe we can see another one between the two. I wouldn't let anyone except 21 touch the ball on kick returns if I was GW. I'd tell the kicker to kick it out of bounds and give it to you Guys at 35 everytime he's fast

The ball did not skip on the 2 point conversion it was a clean catch.  Several photos show that RR two point conversion run in the third was no good even though it was counted good.  Go check swvaphotography instagram.  Nevertheless it was a good game.  Best of luck to RR in the playoffs.

In all fairness, that photo doesn't show forward progress. He looked like he broke the plane from my vantage point. It's a great pic, and was a monster hit by Booger, however lol! 

The 2 point catch also looked clean to me, and the ref who called it a catch was in a great position to make the call. He did so immediately. I'm by no means an expert. I just happened to be down the line for both plays when they happened. 

As far as RR/Auburn, I know I mentioned it earlier, but I really feel like RR has easily the better team. My biggest concern for the Indians is the style Auburn plays. They are a true ground and pound, control the clock kind of team. Nelson is a horse, and they certainly ride him. They aren't long on talent, but Coach Turner really plays to his team's strength. Keeping Auburn in 3rd and longs and cashing in when the are on offense is key. Yes, I know cashing in is important in any game lol! But it's more so here, because they may not get as many possessions in this one. 

The Hogo has a great shot to advance all four teams in the second round, and I'd absolutely love to see that happen. So let's go Indians, Rebels, Panthers, and Maroons!