West VA Playoffs Today

BandanaVTDavis4321

James Monroe hosts Sherman

Princeton hosts Oak Hill today.  Things kind of broke Princetons way if they win today. Princeton is the 5 seed and with a win over Oak Hill, they would have likely had to travel to the 4 seed Hurricane which already beat them at Princeton in regular season. Hurricane, the 4 seed, lost last night to the 13 seed Parkersburg by a score of 47-23. This means Princeton will host the 13 seed Pakersburg next week if they beat Oak Hill today. Calpreps favors Parkersburg over Princeton 28-27. I think Parkersburg wins at Princeton, but Princeton actually has what appears to be their best chance in school history to make it to their first WV AAA final 4.

Greenbrier West won 49-0. I think they can  play with Williamstown and they have a reasonable chance to win the WV Single A state title. James Monroe will have a say and will likely play Greenbrier West in the state semis and the winner likely having the tall task of tackling Williamstown who is the favorite to make it back to the title and win the title.

Independence the 14 seed won 54-21 over Roane County (3 seed) on the road. Independence will travel to 6 seed Winfield who is favored to win by 3 points over Indy. Indy has a shot and not a bad take for a team that lost a ton of seniors and starters after winning the WV state AA title last year and was supposed to struggle a lot. They have a decent chance to actually make it to the final 4 again, but Winfield is the narrow favorite by Calpreps.

I really enjoy watching Princeton play. I think they have a good shot against Parkersburg. Greenbrier West and Wahama should be a good one. Wahama has put up a bunch of points this year so it’ll be interesting to see how they do against the West defense. Other than one game where they scored 36 points the rest of their games they have scored in the 50’s and 60’s and one game they had 70. They have a back that runs a 4.3 40 and if he gets loose nobody is catching him. Should be interesting to see what he can do on that turf if West doesn’t contain him. James Monroe will have their hands full with Cameron to I believe. Hopefully Cooper Ridgeway will be healthy this week. We really missed him in the backfield tonight but the other guys stepped up and did a nice job. Independence surprised me, not that they won but by how much they won by. Didn’t see that coming. The best game I watched all weekend was number 15 Wayne vs number 2 Fairmont Senior. Wayne played a heck of a game and had a chance to win it and probably should have but lost in the end 27-24. Wayne had 2 great running backs who run hard and fight for every yard they can get. Just a well coached team that was fun to watch. Should be another good weekend of high school football.

Yep, Ridgeway is a solid athlete. I think there's a very reasonable chance southern WV has 4 Teams in the the semi's. 

James Monroe, Greenbrier West, Independence, Princeton. I favor James Monroe and G.West to win next week and advance to final 4/semi's, but Princeton and Indy are both dogs, but only slightly. Princeton is a 1 point underdog and Indy is a 3 point underdog according the Calpreps. 

Princeton has some kind of an offense man, fun to watch. I am still debating whether to take a quick trip on 460 West Friday night to Princeton or to pop over to Radford and Appo.