disappointed in northwood fans

hokiefan131

first, good job to the panthers...you boys played a good football game. good luck with bath county.

2nd. i have never seen a game with more disrespectful fans in my life...i understand that a couple of calls made by the refs were questionable, but when the police needs to come onto the sidelines to protect the CHAIN GANG because of threats it is going too far. what ever happened to sportsmanship???? is that the "good example" you want to set for your kids????

It has been since August since I saw Northwood at the Pocahontas Jamboree, but I do remember two of there fans being very loud and rowdy. Two men (one of which has a son on the team, #75 I think, said he is the reigning Group A State Wrestling heavyweight champ), both very vocal and seem to get on every kid on the teams case to fire 'em up. I suspect it was these two men involved perhaps?

-Josh

no disrespect but it seems you have no idea what you are talking about. and as for being dissapointed in Northwood fans that is your opinion and i respect that. but how about the fans and some players from Narrows, talk about being dissapointed. i have never seen a player turn toward to visiting fans and flip them off until friday night, but you never hear about things like that.

well sir, i do know what i am talking about because i was on the sidelines when it happened...as far as the player flipping off the northwood fans i can't comment on that because i didn't see it. there was 1 female wave fan that showed her behind after the game and had to be told to leave the field...other than that, i do not know of any other incidents concerning the wave fans. i was just commenting about the overall "attitude" showed by the northwood fans...enough said

well i just want to say one more thing, that was almost a week ago and time to move on. and as far as the narrows fan, i saw that too. alot of tempers get heated and sometime we as fans forget why we are at the game in the first place. my hat is off to narrows football, they have a great program and will be back next year.

Please get your information correct. The state heavyweight champion's father was NOT being loud and his son is NOT #75. I should know because I was with his father filming the games in the pressbox for coaches!

Sorry you think our fans get a little carried away - we are really good people just enjoying a good football game.

confused.gif

Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't think anything was wrong with the two men getting into the game as they did (after all, I *DID* get asked to leave the field @ a scrimmage once for telling a referee that a spot he made on the ball was "sh*tty"). I was just assuming these two men were the sames ones at the Narrows game too. If my details are wrong, I apologize. No harm intended.

Josh