For those checkin for update: Gretna 34, Graham 22

SW_VA_boy

Hard fought, and sometimes nasty game. Gretna started with a 20-0 lead before the first quarter was over and Graham couldn't over come it. Graham cut to 27-22 halfway through the 4th quarter but couldn't capitalize on a interception they got deep in their own end of the field.

First off, I must say there's nothin' to be ashamed about comin' out of that kind of a game, the way that Graham played. It takes heart to fight back from 20 points down to make the football game close again, as what happened. Graham held Gretna to the lowest point total of the season (albeit 34), and scored more points that any team had (22). Gretna was a dominant team, and continued to show it through today. That was a great season, Graham G-Men, and I wish Gretna all the best of luck in the VHSL state championships next weekend in Lynchburg.

Definately a well played game for the G-Men...especially the 2nd half. Excellent season!!! The team should be proud of their season.

Make sure you guys all come out and support the G-Men in their Winter sports-Basketball and Wrestling.

Graham had the ball deep in their own territory in the 4th quarter, but they could not do anything and had to punt. Gretna scored late to ice the game.

Graham was actually down 27 points and came back within 5 points in the 2nd half. Graham did not quit despite the 1st half hole they were in and Gretna made the plays when they had too. They made plays on 4th down what seemed like 4 or 5 times.

I commend Graham on a great effort and another fine season.