Passing Killed us

mike

I have just one question.Why did we wait so long to come out passing the ball?The second half we moved the ball on gretna when we threw the ball just as they did,I am no coach, But we could not run and bradshaw could barley make his cuts on that snow covered field.And i just wondered why we didnt pass more in the first half.Anybody got any anwsers? They still played a great game and i am proud to say i am a BIG G FAN.

i didn't get to go to the game or listen to it, but just from what you are saying and asking, you have to remember what got you there...when you have a combo like Henry and Bradshaw you have to put the ball in the hands of those kids if that is what has been your bread and butter all year...like I said I didn't get to see the game so I don't know...Graham has been a run team all year and has only used the pass to keep people honest or after making them commit to stopping the run.

heck of a year those kids had though.

I can't understand why we didn't line up in the spread formation and run the ball from that. It seems doing that will counter nine man fronts easier than forcing a spohomore QB to match Vic Hall in a passing duel.