Richlands DT Pruett

Justin_Credible

I was just looking around on the Bluefield daily telegraph site and read that he had 9 tackles in the state game or the hidden valley game one or the other I wonder if that's a record for defensive tackles I thought I read that Claybourne might have the record for most tackles for 10 in one game ... anyone know the stats on this????

also found a great article on there

http://www.bdtonline.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_341235042.html

I think that there's one on Tatum and Simmons too I didn't know they had many articles on single players floating around out there.

I am positive that 10 tackles in a single game is not any sort of record. That's a fine game, but I know that it is not a record setting game. That's one more testament to the team play that this team displayed consistently.

No i know thats not a record but that is a big nite for a DT seeing how they usually just get to fill the holes so a LB or DE can bring the ball carrier down, i had a 9 tackle game last year and i remember big brad lester had 12 solo's against Honaker last year...CLayburne if anyone would be closest though. Id say a record is prolly like 15-20 or even more.

Yea it is....but it hasnt been his biggest nite..last year in a jv game he had 12 SACKS...not in the season..IN ONE GAME...by himself. Now that's im pressive...dnt believe me go check the stat book for JV last year. As far as Varsity goes yea his biggest nite and for Varisty that is a very very good nite for a DT. I see big things for him next year.

Well id love to say D-1 ball but i dnt think his height will get him D-1....u almost HAVE to be 6 feet 3 or 4 to be looked at by a D-1 school for a linemen. I do see him going to sumwhere like EMory..Liberty..Bridgewater...Morehead...EKU..very good chance at those school if he works harder and gets better then he could probably just have his pick at which one of those he wants to go to if his grades are there. I kno the grades was my problem lol

Not to my knowledge...i think the only lineman to go to D-1 was Compton...but you've got Michael "Mo" Lester(OL) at concord...Jeremy "Bizkit" Keene at Emory(TE)...Brandon Gayheart(DE) at Morehead...i did however forget Mcglothin(DT) at University of Tennessee and did start everygame(correct me if im wrong)...he actually may be the only Defensive Linemen to go to D-1 in Richlands History and if Garret Arms(OL) goes to EMory that makes 5 for sure that i know in college that are linemen

Well u got to look...he might only be 6'1'' or 6'2''but that is a MAN...and i guess i shouldnt say Pruett wont go to a D-1 school cause its not all about size well most of it is...but alot of it is heart too...and u can tell McGlothin has heart to come back the way he has from all the trouble and turmoil he went thru.

[ QUOTE ]

He may be, im not really sure. I know his brother Bo Bo was about 6'2''.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's short but kid is a BEAST!!!....i lifted with him some during the summer....never seen anyone train like that..lol