Tazewell Scrimmages

Guest old_school

Guest old_school

Tazewell has scrimmages against Bland Co. the 14th and will participate in the jamboree at Chilhowie the following weekend. I know Tazewell is a rebuilding team but are these scrimmages a challenge for them?

Bland won't be a hard scrimmage for them. The Chilhowie jamoboree has Galax, Auburn, John Battle, Patrick Henry, and Chilhowie of course. I would imagine Tazewell may be on a pretty equal footing with all those teams.

Guest old_school

They scrimmage Chilhowie and Patrick Henry at the jamboree. Are these teams any stronger than Bland? I checked their records and they don't seem that tough. Of course Tazewell isn't tough either but I would think they need to scrimmage some AA schools.

PH should be pretty good this year, they should at least be the 3rd best team in the Hogo. Honaker srimmages Chilhowie tonight, they are a pretty young team, and had kind of a down year last year, but I would say they are still better than Bland.

Guest old_school

Tazewell actually looked good in the scrimmage with Bland. They have good size this year and that may help with the running game. They have fast running backs, so it may be interesting for them this year.