MAN @ HAMLIN Preseason Scrimmage Notes

billieball

The Hillbillies looked awesome tonight on the defensive side of the ball tonight as they defeated the Hamlin Bobcats 18-6 in a preseason football contest at Hamlin Monday night. Man got the scoring going early as fullback Linzy Collins scored from 25 yards out on the ninth play of the scrimmage. Senior running back Justin Fekete scored twice on runs of five and nine yards for the Hillbillies. The only score for the Bobcats came on a 20 yard pass on the last play of the game against Man's third string defense. Man will be put to the test Friday evening as the Ravenswood Red Devils invade the newly renovated Man High School Football Field for the Billies final preseason contest before they square off with county rival Logan. Gametime Friday night is set for 6 p.m.

Man 18

Hamlin 6

M: Linzy Collins 25 yard run

M: Justin Fekete 9 yard run

M: Justin Fekete 5 yard run

H: QB# 12 20 yard pass to WR #20

MAN 39 plays 252 yards

HAMLIN 42 plays 198 yards

MORE DETAILS ALONG WITH GAME STATISTICS TO COME LATER!

The schedule is not as tough as it was last year! On that schedule the playoff teams on the Hillbillies schedule lost a lot of talent! Scott was a senior loaded team last year but they do return their wide out and quarterback from last year! Gilbert and Man scrimmaged last year with Man winning 8-0 but I have heard that Gilbert will be a little better than last year but they did lose some good talent! Fayetteville is the one team I do not know a lot about. I have yet to hear anything about the Pirates. Matewan is rumored to have only 19 players but I bet you they are 19 talented players. Rumor is that some of the players from Matewan and Williamson may have transferred to Belfry (KY). Mt. View is a team you never know about until you play them! They may have the most talent in the state but they have no discipline and are mistake prone, but still you never know what Mt. View you are going to get. Westside lost a load of talent and the last two years Man has had their number this year. So out of the six playoff teams from last year it appears that Mt. View may have the best team of the bunch! As for the other four teams on the Hillbillies schedule Logan is very young, Chapmanville has a new coach, Iaeger is rumored to be down this year, and Wyoming East is still a young team!

In my honest opinion I see the Hillbillies going 9-1 or 8-2! This is a talented bunch of young kids and with the move down to the single A ranks the Hillbillies have their eyes on Wheeling!

Belfry picked up a grand total of 1 player from the Mingo County teams this year... and that was a lineman from Williamson, there were no new transfers (at least football players) from Matewan since David Jones came over for his Junior year last year.

BTW Jones has now verbally committed to playing for the University of Kentucky next season, and he had 150 yards and 3 TD's on 5 carries in Belfry's 41-14 Pike County Bowl win over Estill County.

According to Matewan High School's web site they only have 19 players this year, that really suprised me as the Tigers usually have a larger team.