Richlands 35 Honaker 12

BigD4VT

Richlands sputtered a little on offense early in the game but eventually got it going. The defense played lights out all night, and special teams was spectacular, with the exception of one bad snap on a punt.

The offensive gameplan was very basic so I didn't get a good idea of how good Wells is at QB.

Defensively there were some hard hits, a pair of interceptions, and sideline to sideline speed was awesome.

On special teams, Richlands blocked a punt and nearly got two others. Caleb Jennings (this kid will be a star!!!) returned a kick for a TD, and had a 61 yard TD run.

This is going to be a special year in Richlands. I can't wait to make the trip to Gate City.

Richlands showed alot of talent on Defense and showed they have a real depth chart on Offense, Coach Mance will have to make some adjustments on his starters before Gate City or any real talented team.

I'd rather not call anyone out on this board. It's not a talent issue though. I just think someone might be playing out of position on defense. It wasn't a problem last night and it may not be a problem all year. Like I said, it just makes me a little nervous.