Graham's outlook for this year

FootballFan

Now that the Blacksburg game is in the books, and at this point in the season, I can venture to say that Graham should go 7-3 this year with losses to Bluefield, Grundy, and Richlands. All the other teams on their schedule are either average or below average with the exception of V-High (still average) which should be a really good matchup. It is certain that Graham will improve throughout the season because there are a lot of younger players that are starting. I don't think it will be enough to ever cause a serious threat. Too many question marks at this point. Pass defense seems to have improved but is still very questionable along with the ability to consistantly square up on a runner and land a clean tackle. The running backs seem to want to bounce everything to the outside whether the hole is there or not, which is causing them to run 12 yards and only gain 2. The passing game is inconsistant. It's either a beautiful, on the mark pass where the receiver does not break a stride (no QB pressure) or the kind of pass that falls 10 yards from the nearest person (somebody on defense got through the line.) Also there just doesn't seem to be any leadership on the field. Everyone seems to be concerned with their own tasks at hand as opposed to the team as a whole. But what do I know....I'm still in the Pee Wee League. wink.gif

my opinion the leadership and emotion (lack of both) is the biggest problem, someone needs to step up on this team.

And as long as these younger players can step up and not make mistakes, it will be a good year