Hurley 24. East Ridge 18

djr4hurleyfb

Excellent first three quarters, so-so fourth quarter, and Hurley gets revenge on East Ridge for spoiling there undefeated start last season.

Some very bad refereeing in the second half tonight. If the East Ridge players didn't get away with one personal foul and/or block in the back call, they literally got away with ten. Not one call went against them. Hurley's boys hit on a live punt and get flagged 15. Oh well, Hurley won, and they deserved it.

The defense was stout for three quarters, barring one QB Draw that went 96 yards for a TD, holding East Ridge to 6 points out of three or four tries inside there own 25. In the fourth, some blown coverages (and some well-timed non-calls) got East Ridge back into contention.

Offensively, Hurley started slow, but let off the fireworks after scoring once, rushing for three touchdowns and throwing for the fourth all between the mid first quarter and the first thirteen seconds of the third quarter. The O-line and Tight Ends blocked great most of the night and the backs ran hard, fighting for every yard. East Ridge was primed to stop the run (last week in a 55-0 loss, they gave up over 400 yards if my stats are accurate), but they got pummelled well into the third quarter before Hurley let up.

Special teams were very good tonight; kickoffs were deep, and led to two turnovers (good hit on one, a failed reverse saw another fumble). The punting was also good, long, high kicks that were unreturnable and the coverage tight and on the ball.

As for East Ridge, there inability to stop the run killed them and they lost the turnover battle (I'm gonna say ER had 4 TOs to Hurley's 1). They took advantage of the refs calls and got themselves back into the game late, otherwise they were thoroughly outplayed.

Way to go Hurley. Rebels are now 2-1, and heading to Ervington primed for win #3. If they keep improving like this week to week, the wins will keep piling up. Keep up the good work everybody. Let's get #3 next week!

i would have to agree with you the refs. were awful!! im the loud mouth fan that never sets down or stops yelling at the refs.and i have to say my voice was pretty sore this morning it was 3 good qrts.for hurley that again was out man but didnt stop them from over coming the refs,bad field,and the lack of fan support i would love to see more fans come to these games even thou there a few fans at the game its almost like there not there for support of the whole game but just when the team does good but you can count on me to be at the E.rebels game for a little pay back from last year when we were the host and had to endure those redneck fans that cheered when one of the hurley players got hurt its time to stand and show just who the real rebel team is and dont let up for nothing. so with all that said here is a little saying for the refs that serf here(when i get blind and i cant see i want to be a refere;)

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!