Anyone see "Friday night lights" yet?

BigD4VT

I think I might go to Abingdon tomorrow and watch it out there. I had a friend of mine who doesn't live around here go and she said it was bad ass...she's one of the rare chicks that likes football though...lol...so I dunno if I want to take her word for it or not.

I'm probably going to see it at Bluefield. I love sports movies but I usually end up being dissapointed. Once in a while though, a "Remember the Titans, "Rudy" or Hoosiers" will come out.

[ QUOTE ]

Its a great movie but i hope u don't read this and u still haven't seen it b/c im gonna go ahead and ruin the movie for u..they end up losing and the end

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that wasn't cool. I did see it today so you didn't ruin it for me, but I don't think the ending would have had the same effect if I had known beforehand. Please edit that out of your post before anyone else sees it.

I did see it today and I won't lie and say it's "the greatest sports story ever told." In fact, it's not even the greatest sports story this year, but the last 30 minutes alone was worth the price of admision.

The movie sort of feels like a documentary. The story is coming at you from all directions and the weird camera angles make you feel like you're watching through a peephole. I think they wanted us to feel like we were there but I found it all pretty annoying. They needed to slow it down a bit so we could get to know the characters better, and the camera angles were just too distracting.

Billy Bob Thornton is very good as Gary Gains, and the QB Mike Wenchel is played very well by the kid who played Billy Bob's young sidekick in "Slingblade". None of the other actors get much of a chance to act though.

As I said above, the last part of the movie is good. It captures something that anyone who has ever played, or even watched football will recognize.

It could have been better but overall it's worth seeing.

[ QUOTE ]

you may be able to help me with this....i saw mojo on there hats.....lol....what does that mean

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was explained in the movie...I missed it, but apparently it's a team chant that was so popular the team came to be known as "Mo-Jo"

• 5 months later...