James Monroe advances over Liberty 12-10

MavsRock

Like I've said before, I don't care what the score is, as long as we get one more point than the other guy. This week it was 12-10, next week it may be 2-0 or 51-50. It simply doesn't matter as long as James Monroe gets the W.

Clearly there were some bad play calls, especially trying the long field goal early, and the exotic plays on 3rd & 4th and short that blew up in our faces. I also have a hard time understanding why Riggs only ran 2 times. I think all the Anti-Witt sentiment is a little uncalled for. Do people forget not that long ago when Don Jackson routinely flushed playoff games down the toilet?

There was every reason to believe that last night would be a close game, after the scoreless second half at Liberty in the regular season, and we weren't exactly playing in ideal conditions last night.

On the bright side, James Monroe held a 1,500 yard rusher to under 45yards, and pretty much shut down that offense. Special teams were the only reason Liberty even scored. It's pretty simple, defense playawsome, and offense, and much more so special teams played like crap. However, when it all counted, the Mavs came up huge, unlike previous close playoff losses. If wecan squeek out 3 more this year, people can critcize Witt and the single wing all the way back from Wheeling with the winner's trophie.