GC 23 Honaker 21

LegendatLegion

What a game! It was murder to watch as a GC fan. The Devils came out to play and jumped out 7-0, Honaker ran a punt in to tie the game at 7 early in the second. Gc then picked off a pass at the Honaker 20 and ran it to the 1yd line and scored to make it 14-7. Gc then picked off a pass and with 4 secs left kicked a 30+ yd field goal to make it 17-7 at the break.

Honaker took the second half kickoff and Tyler Patrick scored from 62 yds to make it 17-14. Gc then fumbled on their 42 (the first of 4 or five in the second half) but intercepted Honaker on third down. Honaker then stripped Parks on the next play and had the ball on GC's 28. GC held on downs and then had another fumble around mid field, GC held the Tigers and they punted. GC had a holding play on the first play putting them inside the 15. GC then fumbled two plays later and Honaker scored several plays later to make it 21-17. GC took the kickoff and Parks ran to the 45, and the tigers got a facemask on the tackle putting GC with first down on the Tiger 40 with 3:22 to go in the fourth. GC had 2 incomplete passes then the 3rd down was picked off and ran to the GC 38. GC then used all 3 to's and stopped Honaker on fourth to get the ball on the 30 with 2:17 to go on 4th down Price hit Shepard for a first, spiked the ball then hit Hackney on 3rd for 20 yards or so, then spiked the ball and on 3rd hit Will Humphreys at the two (great catch on a wounded duck) at the two, and Will then scored with .39 to go in the 4th. GC then inexplicably went for two and did not make it. They then held Honaker on 4 plays, knelt on the ball at the Tiger 18 with.06 to make the final score 23-21.

mad.gifGC had better learn quick how to hang on to the ball or i'll be watching someone else in two weeks.

Shew, what a game. Great run down on the game legend at legion, I don't think you missed a single key play in the game. This game was a classic, and I wish GC luck against PV. And as for Honaker, you guys had a great season and you gave it your all. Not many teams can say they went to Legion Field and played a close game that coulda went either way. And you seniors had a great career and will be missed.

Honaker has a great football team, no doubt. I was thinking that GC's season had ended after the last Devil turnover late in the 4th quarter. It was a close football game as most informed fans knew it would be. Congrats to the Tigers on a great football season!