Shady/Wayne Matchup

Olympian12

Who would have believed after the pounding that James Monroe and Bluefield put on Shady earlier in the season that they would be in the state semi-finals. Wayne would have to be at least a 14 point favorite which I am sure is fine with Shady. They seemed to have been an underdog for most of the big games this season. I believe if they have an even chance if they get to play on a dry field. A dry field will allow Shady to use their speed. I think they are the fastest team in AA other than Bluefield. I also think they have the ability to win if they can cut down on the penalties and turnovers. Also, their defense has to play even better than the two previous games and not allow any big back breaking plays. Shady sure doesn't have the football tradition of a Bluefield or Wayne but it sure makes for a nice cinderella story for them to be the first Shady team to make the finals.

Shady has alot of work to do to pull of the upset in this one, but the boys are playing really well right now and if we do cut down on our mistakes i think we'll give wayne a good game, if i were a betting man id say shady stands about a 30% chance of winning. But when everone picked their final 4 in AA id bet shady wasnt in many of those brackets, so no matter what the outcome shady has proved they're a top 5 team in the state so another win or two is just icing on a awesome season. GO SHADY!!!

It is nice to see new face around here going deep into the playoffs. Ibelieve that Shady has a good sense of reality in all of this. I will say that they MUST eliminate the turnovers to give themselves a chance. I also believe that this is a much better matchup than Weir or Bluefield for the Tigers. Weir's offense may be better than Bluefield's and I'm not sure that Shady's D can contain them. If Shady wouls pull it off either this week or both, it would be very impressive. Whatever happens now, that bunch had given their fans reason to cheer, and has greatly impressed me, along with many others.

[ QUOTE ]

Who would have believed after the pounding that James Monroe and Bluefield put on Shady earlier in the season that they would be in the state semi-finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did. I had them in the final four of AA along with the Bluefield, Wayne, and Weir over at TSP on the pre-playoff pick'em...