W in 04

mavsgrad

Well the presidential elections are over but now is your chance to vote for who is going to play in the AA championship game. My predictions, Shady has turned some heads in the playoffs but now it's time for them to turn in their pads for the year. Wayne wins by 21 plus. Bluefield has beaten the best this year but asside from Martinsburg have they really faced a team that could run and pass the ball? I pick Weir in a close one.

Weir vs. Wayne in Wheeling Hmm, has a nice ring to it.

I'd like to encourage all James Monroe fans to come out Saturday, sit on the Weir side of the field, and cheer for Weir. I know I personally would get a kick out of that. They might even let you in free at the gate since you're from JM and we do feel sorry for you guys**... wink.gif

**Although, it'll be the SSAC taking the money and they wouldn't let a poor man in to see his son play even if he had no means to pay.

I really wish better commradery could be shown amongst the southern schools. If things were to play out Saturday where Bluefield would lose and Shady would beat Wayne to advance to the title game, I can assure that many if not all of Bluefield would like to see them win. I am sure many southern teams who are currently out of the playoffs are cheering Bluefield on. People are entitled to cheer for whomever they wish and I encourage that.

no doubt why would you want some one who lives so far away to win the state title?? this perplexes me, we should all want a team from the south to win no matter who beat who. its a shame to see you want a team from up north. if you could see how bad they down the people fromthe southern part of the state would make you re-think your thoughts.

U should be pulling for Bluefield because we are both in Southern West Virginia and I guarentee you that if Bluefield was out and James Monroe was still in, we would be pulling for you guys! Plus you said they beat Martinsburg but have they beat anyone else that can run and pass! YEA, we beat you all didn't we wink.gif

But its all good man! But I say Blufield VS Wayne

Bluefield 2004 AA State Champions smile.gif

Actually if you think about it, Bluefield winning the state title would benefit James Monroe more than a Weir victory would. The reason for that is because JM played Bluefield alot closer, both from a statistical standpoint and the score, which reflects a more competitive game against us than Weir. In this scenario, JM would have played closer with the eventual state champion.

Thats exactly what im saying, why root for a team the kicked the crap out of you , and potentially knocked you out of the playoff's...bluefield didnt do that

but i really would like you j/m fans to come cheer for weir , so we can see the look on your faces when another team loses at mitchell just like yall wold have

Well you got your wish. And I'm sorry but this JM fan pulling for Bluefield would be like the Mets pulling for the Yankees. Sorry guys but how do you expect JM fans to pull for you after all the trash talk you give us. And as I recall there were some Bluefield fans who stated that they hoped Weir beat us so don't expect different from us

I for one could care less who you pull for in the Bluefield Weir game. I suppose since you are more comfortable as a loser you will be happy to be sitting over on the Weir side this Saturday with the other losers, but let me ask you this.

Do you really think that Bluefield could not have beaten you just as badly if they had wanted to? That game had the potential to be just as ugly except for the fact that unlike your new found friends from up North, Bluefield had the class to call off the dogs when the game was in hand.

Have you even considered that the reason your team performed so poorly was the mere fact that they knew that should they win they would have to go up to Bluefield and face the Beavers again.

Why don't you go ask your coaching staff or the players who they think will win this Saturday. I am willing to bet they may have a whole different take on things.

I could care less if James Monroe cheers for us or not, that is their right. I don't think it would matter if everyone Mitchell Stadium was cheering against Bluefield. They're going to be focused reguardless of who is rooting for them and I doubt they give much thought to what anyone thinks of them outside of their teammates and the coaching staff.

Both teams will come ready to play, i mean we know this. But who as a mental edge? i mean bluefield goes in with a "what is it" like a 21 home winning streak "including playoffs"....undefeated this whole season........would that give us the mental edge

[ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that Bluefield could not have beaten you just as badly if they had wanted to? That game had the potential to be just as ugly except for the fact that unlike your new found friends from up North, Bluefield had the class to call off the dogs when the game was in hand.

-----

If you were at the game, you would know that Bluefield kept the starters in the whole game. So much for all that class ....

[ QUOTE ]

I guess he kept his startes in to make a statement heading into the playoffs, and probply because yall were ranked 3rd or something close to that

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks, seriously lets just drop it. JM is over and done with. We're still playing and we have a huge game this weekend to be concerned with. Let the JM fan beat whatever drum will make them feel better, but don't get sucked into another battle of "wits" with them. They aren't worth your, mine, or anyone else's time anymore...

Lets all just drop it because really look at it this way,

Bluefield is still in, and James Monroe is out! So it really doesn't matter who you pull for! You could talk all the crap in the world about us but that still won't make a difference because we know we have the talent to play with any team in this state, and we will definalty be ready to open a can of woop A** on Weir on Saturday!

Well you guys can call it off if you want to but let me say this, Weir are not my friends and I am not betraying the south. I hope Shady wins, I doubt they will but if they do I will pull for them. Bluefield on the other hand has very few fans outside of Bluefield. When Tech was in the Big East, do you think WVU fans pulled for VT in bowl games. Shoot no!!!!!! Look if you guys are going to talk smack and look down your noses at others what do you expect. I don't pick to lose just because I don't like you, I did it because I think you have met your match. And if you should happen to squeek past Weir get ready for a tough game against Wayne.