Ty WIllingham...................

sandman

Do you think he was given a fair shake, or do you give a coach five years minimum to get at least one recruiting class all the was through the program?

Personaly I think the three straignt 30+ point losses to Southern Cal. on national TV sealed his doom. Also, I guess that Bob Davie wasn't such a bad coach after all?

I think Willingham had a pretty good first season at ND with Bob Davie's football team. Kind of the way "Fridge" did at Maryland with Vanderlinden's players.

Urban Meyer will be making a mistake if he chooses to go to ND. If he doesn't have them in the top-10 in three years he will be fired too. Notre Dame needs to bite the bullet and join a conference if they want the kind of success they had in the past. Otherwise it's not going to happen.

I agree about it being a mistake for Meyer. Why would you take a job where you have to go 9-2 or better or get canned?

He (Meyer) would be better off taking the Washington job. Seattle is a lot less hostile than the "Football Academy" campuses. Or better yet, stay where he is. Salt Lake City is a nice town, and he's already almost a living legend.

I think Washington would be the best situation for Meyer.

AS for ND...whether or not Willingham was the right guy for the job, they should have given him 5 years. By canning him after three they are telling people 9-2 or better or get axed. Just like you said.