Mr. Ofish..

babyblue

I've noticed in the past weeks, that some officials are being very inconsistant.. Mostly with letting lots happen inside the paint, then on the perimeter.. a defensive player guarding the ball is called for small bump fouls. The offensive player iniates the contact and the defensive guy, gets the bump and the foul!! I just cant get that one.. then I've seen some players drive to the basket throwing up shots out of control to draw fouls, and getting the calls. Then, a kid gets whacked and no call!! Maybe you can shine some light on my question? Its just something I've been seeing...Thought I'd ask you the question!! Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

I've noticed in the past weeks, that some officials are being very inconsistant.. Mostly with letting lots happen inside the paint, then on the perimeter.. a defensive player guarding the ball is called for small bump fouls. The offensive player iniates the contact and the defensive guy, gets the bump and the foul!! I just cant get that one.. then I've seen some players drive to the basket throwing up shots out of control to draw fouls, and getting the calls. Then, a kid gets whacked and no call!! Maybe you can shine some light on my question? Its just something I've been seeing...Thought I'd ask you the question!! Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In high school bball you will probably see many different officials night in and night out. Needless to say, officials have different styles and different judgements, just like you. Some officials seem to award good defense and will not bail the offensive player out when he/she is out of control. Inside the paint is the most difficult area to see and officiate. You have a offensive player trying to get position and a defensive player trying not to let them. It can get hairy. If a particular crew is consistent, I have no problem with that--Let the players adjust!! If players will play, if coaches will coach, and officials will officiate, everything will work out in the end. Words of Wisdom to Remember!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In high school bball you will probably see many different officials night in and night out. Needless to say, officials have different styles and different judgements, just like you. Some officials seem to award good defense and will not bail the offensive player out when he/she is out of control. Inside the paint is the most difficult area to see and officiate. You have a offensive player trying to get position and a defensive player trying not to let them. It can get hairy. If a particular crew is consistent, I have no problem with that--Let the players adjust!! If players will play, if coaches will coach, and officials will officiate, everything will work out in the end. Words of Wisdom to Remember!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

In my best Blazing Saddles voice:

"Now who can argue with that? Not only was that authentic frontier gibberish, but it got right to the heart of whatever argument he/she/it was trying to make."