V-High-Tazewell score?

BEARCAT

Good job Coach Mitchell, you and your team beat a pretty good Tazewell team!!! I am glad to see you'll fight through the adversity. That is what life is aobut, overcoming obstacles. Keep up the good work!

Can anyone say Hoover. Suck, suck. As far as the VHS win, even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually. Yea, good win, but ask any player on that team if they are happy playing for him. Out of 11 probably 9 would say no. But anyways, congrats to the players for overcoming all of the adversity and still coming out with a win.

Mr. hoover, The adversity that these players are having to overcome are these peolpe that are trashing the leader of the VA BB team. Coach Mitchell is doing the best that he can, I'm sure that he has won more games than you ever have. Did he beat you out for the coaching job?

Yea, you are probably right, he is doing the best that he possibly can and unfortunately, that is the problem. But anyways, enough said, only 6 more regular season games and one in the tournament and this season will be history and hopefully the powers that be will see fit to make a change with the VHS boys varsity basketball coaching situation next season. Sorry, to disappoint you, but no he has not won more games than I have but of course only winning 11 in two years doesn't take a whole lot for someone to outdo. Thank the good lord for the new football coach. Hopefully, he can continue to turn that program around and continue to draw fans into the stadium. Large crowd at the game last night wasn't there? Also, the Hoover comment was in reference to you sucking up to Coach Mitchell, not in reference to me. Players overcoming adversity from people trashing the coach.....good one.....they trash him more than anyone.

Why would I have to suck up to him? I am just stating that he is the coach, you are a spectator. He is doing his job, so you do yours. He beat tazewell last night! You didn't!! Or did you? After these next 6 games are over then express your concerns. Nothing is going to be changed this year so save you insults. City of Bristol School Board would gladly take your application next year.

Vthokie apparently you didn't see the cats and the dogs play,the cats kicked our__?_,and coach mitchell and the team deserve to be congratulated.And thats what blues88 was doing,being a good sport.And you should refrain from using those kind of words.Children view this board to you know. shocked.gifBut thanks for your comments,and have agood day. ps. Maybe you should go and tell coach mitchell what you think i'm sure you could look him in the eye,and talk to him.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason they beat Abingdon is because it was Senior night and he actually played the Seniors. The Seniors scored over 80% of the points against Abingdon. My point all season long, he meeded to play the right people. He even stated in the paper that the players deserved all of the credit. Another case in point, Senior night and he didn't even shake these kids hands whom have been in this program for over 6 years. Sullivan East had Senior night Saturday, Coach Dyer shook every players hand, players parents hands and they even had a reception afterwards for all of the Seniors. Doesn't cost anything to shake a kids hand.