McNabb's illness

sandman

I'm hearing reports that say Donavan McNabb was ill on Sunday, so ill that at one point in the game Freddie Mitchell had to call at least one play in the huddle in the 3rd quarter, due to the fact that McNabb was "almost puking".

I'm shocked that there's not a "chunky soup" joke floating around these boards!

He did throw up in 1998 at the Carrier Dome against Virginia Tech. I'll never forget it. Cuse has one play left, in the red zone, to beat the Hokies. VT called a timeout to figure out what they wanted to do, and McNabb is over on the sidelines puking. He comes back out and executes a brilliant play to the tight end giving Syracuse the win. Ironically, the Cuse offensive coordinator at the time, Kevin Rodgers, is now the Hokies QB coach and VT uses that same play.

"... he executes a brillant play to the tight end...."

There were not many of those Sunday night, at least not for the Eagle's offense. Their (Philly's) defense played about as good as possible.

Sounds like a possible PR attempt to save face I think. Although I did hear the Syracuse story where he puked on his center from being hung over after a big night of drinking the night before.

Oh, here's your obligatory soup joke:

mcnabbpuke.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I'm hearing reports that say Donavan McNabb was ill on Sunday, so ill that at one point in the game Freddie Mitchell had to call at least one play in the huddle in the 3rd quarter, due to the fact that McNabb was "almost puking".

I'm shocked that there's not a "chunky soup" joke floating around these boards!

[/ QUOTE ]

He had the flu a couple of years ago when the Iggles played at Jacksonville in the regular season. Yakked on the field a couple of times during that one.

Maybe that's been mixed up with his performance this past weekend.

Or maybe Jacksonville just makes him sick. It does have that effect on some people.

[ QUOTE ]

He had the flu a couple of years ago when the Iggles played at Jacksonville in the regular season. Yakked on the field a couple of times during that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of the movie the "replacments", when that big japaneese guy yakked on the field. Then they moved there huddle so they wouldnt see it. And the ref stepped into it! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It could very well just be a excuse they are trying to use

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw it on ESPN and McNabb himself stated he was just tired that he wasnt sick he was just worn down now it could have been from a illness prior to the game but he said he wasnt sick in the 4th quarter like it was stated to espn.

Reguardless, sick or not, all the blame cannot be placed on Mcnabb..the man threw for 357 yds 3 tds (3 ints) the eagles were just out played and mainly >>out coached....they hadnt faced a level of competition such as the pats in the nfc playoffs, i think had just forgotten how to execute a proper 2 minute drill