Pocy Indians in 05

Indians

Hey i wanted to tell ya'll to look out for the pocahontas indians next year. They lost some but they have some real good people coming back.. Although losing 3 lineman and 4 year starting running back they are still looking good. Shayne dillon returns as the quaterback who had a real good sophmore season. The very speedy Josh asbury will be the tailback again. They have alot of young players that will be on the line they do return one starter in Donnie Wright a to be senior. Jesse milam will be good once again on defense after piling up almost 100 tackles in just 7 games. They will have a freshman fullback/linebacker in Eugene Hilton starting next year. He's one of the best young talents i've seen in a long time. I've watched him play since he was 5 and he's always been very good... i think if he has a good year they will be a force to handle. Montcalm,Big Creek,Roanoke Catholic,Craig County,and Twin Valley will be thier non distric games. I think they will have a chance to win all of these games and some distric games 2. What does everyone else think?

• 2 months later...

May win a district game against Bland. Other than that, don't look for the Indians to have better than a 6-4 season. Granted a 6-4 record is a MAJOR improvement over last season, but let's be real here folks, Pocahontas is just too small to compete year in and year out. They might sneak up and suprise some people, but I just don't see it happening.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

May win a district game against Bland. Other than that, don't look for the Indians to have better than a 6-4 season. Granted a 6-4 record is a MAJOR improvement over last season, but let's be real here folks, Pocahontas is just too small to compete year in and year out. They might sneak up and suprise some people, but I just don't see it happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 6-4 would be aight with me ... but we gonna compete this year we'll give yall a good game @ home wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 6-4 would be aight with me ... but we gonna compete this year we'll give yall a good game @ home wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the last time we traveled to your place? IF I'm not mistaken, the score was 30-0 with 5:00 to play in the FIRST QUARTER! YOu show me something, I'll give you props. Until then, you don't have my respect.

There have been rumors about Tazewell County eventually consolidating into two schools, don't think it'll happen, but you never know. There are always rumors going around about schools closing/consolidating, heck, they've been talking about closing Pocy down for a while now haven't they?

The Indians have the ability to have a winning season in 2005.

Sure, the loss of eight seniors(including four year starters Bubba Davis and Stacy Thompson), but they have several young players that are ready to step up for the Indians. Last year the Indians tried to install a 3-3-5 defense, but they lacked the right personnel for the scheme. Head coach Matt Quesenbury now plans to install a 4-4 scheme, which he feels is better suited to his roster. Senior defensive end Allen Nichols has the ablility to rack up double digit sacks in the scheme and should be a real threat to quarterbacks in the MED. With Josh Asbury and Jesse Milam leading the defense, the Indians should be much improved on that side of the ball. On offense, Coach Quesenbury is planning to install a West Coast style of offense to complement the developing Shayne Dillon. The quarterback friendly offense should be perfect for Dillon and his young receivers. The loss of all-region receiver Clint Meadows and the speedy T.J. Salyers will hurt the Indians, but they will be replaced with a young group of receivers that catch anything near them. The line will be young, but they are a hard nosed group and should protect Dillon just fine. With Milam and Asbury in the backfield, the Indians should be able to put points on the board. Watch for the Indians to turn the program around this year. State is out of the question, but after a 1 and 9 season, they have nothing to lose. 6-4 is not out of the question.

Never said 6-4 wasn't doable. ONly thing I'm saying that anything more than 6-4 after a 1-9 season would be a stretch for almost ANY team. I'd love to see Pocahontas finally competing again in the MED, but we'll just have to wait and see.