Region IV Tournaments (pairings and results)...

GMan

I'll say this Franklin County is a raw dog.. I seen them play... Their post player is killer.. They have much speed and intensity. I dont think southwest virginia has a player his calibre...Witcher maybe is his name! I havent seen Martinsville play... Most ppl I've talked with in Martinsville say they are alot like freelance but athletic, quick and very intense.. Come at you hard... If they beat Franklin.. they must be very good...

Maybe, these mountain roads will bring them down a bit before they take the floor at Grundy...

First, his name is Lewis Witcher. He has received offers from VA Tech and Wake Forest - he favors Wake Forest. And, in defense of my 'Dogs, we do play uptempo basketball but it is anything but freelance. We - unlike our neighbors from Franklin County - do realize that, while we compete against the other team, we play against the clock. The coaching staff does attempt to "bridle" the raw athleticism realizing that, while talent does win games, discipline wins championships. And yes, we lost to Franklin County before Christmas and to GW - Danville at home in January.

I have posted all the box scores from all of Martinsville's games on the "SCOREBOARD MESSAGEBOARD" at virginiapreps.com if you care to see what Martinsville does have overall. I don't know how many of them are still there but what remains should give you some idea of what Martinsville has. smile.gif

I will gladly post the results of the Marion/Martinsville game directly from the scorebook using this format;

Lynch: 4 1 5/5 - 16(players last name; 4-2's; 1-3; made 5 out of 5 free throws for a total of 16 points). Team Totals will also be posted using the same format; then I will also post scoring by quarters. in the case that there are two players listed as scoring and both have the same last name, the first letter of their first name will be used. In the unlikely event that their first and last names are identical, their jersey number will also be included. Don't forget to stop by the scorers table if you're in the 'Doghouse and say Howdy! Hope to see all of you there.