Thoughts on SWD Tournament

CavDad

Congratulations to Grundy on winning the "pre" tournament. I was thinking about this season's games between the four teams in the tournament, and realized that no one has won a game on an opponent's home court as of yet. The games at Richlands were held at a "neutral" site. This would appear to favor Grundy if everything continues to play out as it has all year. I think all four teams are pretty even, and anyone could beat anyone on a given night. I don't remember a season that the home court was as big a factor as this year's. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Good luck to all of the teams, and we'll see how it goes on Thursday.

Seriously, I agree about the home court being a HUGE advantage this season. The only other year that came close was around '99 or so...it was a similar situation where road victories were tough to come by in district play. Graham pulled out a close one at Tazewell on the last night of the regular season and won the district.

[ QUOTE ]

the rest of the district teams took notes on how things are done in Hillsville... grin.gif

That was only a joke...and a bad one at that!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, GMan, I had to laugh some after reading that. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom! j/k grin.gif

EDIT: 100th post! *cue confetti*