SWVA Basketball tourney!

dmspartan

as you come in on 460 through town you will come to a stop light just past the court house that you either have to turn right or left on. Turn left towards the KY line and stay on that road about 5 or 6 miles I guess and you will see Riverview Elem. Middle School on your right. Cant miss it, its a pretty big school.

confused.gifThis poor benighted basketball pilgrim thanks everyone for their assistance and simply seeks reassurance that the tournament is indeed at Riverview Middle School. Being from a far place, we will not know the various pathways that someone native to the area could use to make their travels shorter and seek not to waste valuable time.

blush.gif Would that he would deign to answer! Seriously, thanks to all of you who answered my questions! Both my brother-in-law and I will be in attendance and kindly ask that you stop by and say Howdy! so that we both can offer our thanks in person. We'll be the ones in red and white.

frown.gifUnfortunately, my brother-in-law says that, since he has to be at work the next day, and the game we are interested in watching doesn't start until 8 pm, we must regretfully postpone our trip to God's Country until a more opportune time presents itself. Thank each and every one of you for your help - I'm just sorry that we cannot visit with you right now.

Tazewell earns Regional berth

by VHSL-helper, guest correspondent

Tazewell & Grundy get hat-tricks.

Tazewell (12-13) will meet Grundy (15-10) for the SWD title Saturday night at Riverview E/M School following the JV title tilt between Richlands and Carroll Co. at 6.

Grundy will have a 1st round bye in the Region IV tournament while Tazewell will host the Piedmont District runner-up on Tuesday night.

At Riverview Elem. / Middle School

Tazewell 75, Graham 63

Tazewell........20 19 13 23 - 75

Graham..........14 17 8 24 - 63

TAZEWELL (75)

J. R. Wilson 3 2-4 9, J. Wilson 6 1-3 13, Reed 4 5-12 13, Hayes 7 7-8 23, Thompson 5 2-2 13,

McDonald 1 2-4 4.

GRAHAM (63)

Henry 7 2-3 16, Murray 1 0-0 2, Alvis 1 4-5 6, Mathews 5 8-12 19, Remines 5 1-2 11,

Mercke 0 0-0 0, Yost 0 0-2 0, Carper 4 0-2 8, Brown 0 0-0 0, Puckett 0 0-0 0.

3-point goals: Tazewell 4 (Hayes 2, Thompson 1, J.R. Wilson 1); Graham 1 (Matthews 1).

Grundy 64, Carroll County 54

Grundy 22 6 11 25 - 64

Carroll Co. 9 14 12 19 - 54

GRUNDY (64)

Compton 4 2-2 12, Ashby 6 1-1 13, T. Justus 7 6-9 23, Mullins 4 4-4 12, Church 2 2-2 4.

CARROLL COUNTY (54)

Lamb 2 2-3 6, Schlesinger 6 0-1 12, Gardner 2 0-0 4, Bowman 7 2-3 19, Easter 2 0-0 6,

Austin 2 1-5 5, Guynn 1 0-0 2.

3-point goals: Grundy 5 (T. Justus 3, Compton 2); CC 5 (Bowman 3, Easter 2).

Wont be any "maybe" about that game - I WILL BE on the bus with the 'Dogs. I've had to miss too many away games this year because I was keeping the clock for the girls program but now that the postseason tournament is here, I'll make as many of them as I can.