Did Bluefield lose to Summers County?

Sources

I'm sorry, but that's down right pathetic. No Bluefield team had ever lost to SC prior to Tuesday night. It just further illustrates my comment about a month ago about this being the worst Bluefield team in a decade.

I honestly think it's time to move guys like Kyle Hammond, Ansel Ponder, and Maurice Jordan up to varsity full-time and start building for next year. They could help this year quite honestly and having them develop some chemistry with the players currently on varsity that'll be back next year will only make the team stronger.

they need to open up the o a little bit more in my mind. its not that they have a bad team they are a team that starts out very slow. and speed up as the game goes on and it has happened all year. plus they had 2 big games this weekend they may have been over looking the bobcats. who knows??

[ QUOTE ]

Back when I was in school three years ago, having an off-night meant beating Summers Co. by 15 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things change man... Correct me if im wrong please, but you had justin keene, ravon patton, steven yost, Ronnie Walton?

They were really good

No, that team went to Charleston, beat the defending champs in Bridgeport before falling to eventual state champ Wyoming East in the semi-finals. That's the team that played without Justin King from the third game on and without Steve Wilkes for the majority of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

But still yet lost to Independence before you could even make it to Charleston... So what kinda night was that? The point is every team has an occasional bad game, its how teams rebound is what matters!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets get our facts straight before we start giving lectures. If this year's team had 1/4 the heart of the 2001-2002 team, then things might be looking pretty good for them. We get mauled by injuries for most of the season, went 12-12, and no one believed we were better than our record indicated. We proved many of the naysayers wrong even if we did lose to eventual AA champs Wyoming East in the semifinals.