BDD

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Tenn. football is stronger than VA Football??? Now thats a laugh. Maybe DB, Tenn. High, or Science Hill could beat up on some of the teams from SWVA. But I'd love to see a good 5-A school from Tenn. take on a good AAA team from the Tidewater area. Twin Springs can beat Unaka. Thomas Walker, PV, and Rye Cove also beat Tenn. teams all the time. Football in NET is a joke.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Umm id hate to burst your bubble, but Unaka did beat Twin Springs.

Yes, you are right. But not by much. And TS did beat them the year before last, apparently, the two teams match up well, which still proves my point. A "good" team from NET playing a mediocre D1 team from SWVA evenly?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Well hey im done with this arguing over this, but to get back to my starting point. Hurley deserves a lil more respect than what we recieve. Just why do we get all the slack when we like to believe in our team. All im saying is we dont get on here and throw off on the other teams in the BDD, but for some reason we up being the A$$ end of the BDD.Why? Because we havent won a title in the last few years?

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right. But not by much. And TS did beat them the year before last, apparently, the two teams match up well, which still proves my point. A "good" team from NET playing a mediocre D1 team from SWVA evenly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unaka should not be considered a good team from NET. They play in the absolute weakest district/conference in all of Tennessee and still managed to lose the district in a 9-1 year (to Cloudland, who had been a powerhouse in the past decade but is not at that level currently).

Unaka's 9-1 regular season came from a schedule littered with traditionally weak teams (truthfully, Hurley was the 2nd or 3rd toughest team they played). Once they made the playoffs (in Tennessee, I think 32 teams make it; this was discussed here before), they got killed in Round 1 (I think they got beat 35-0).

In reality, the gap between great A teams (Gate City, Powell Valley, Honaker) and the good A teams (Haysi, Clintwood, Rye Cove, JI Burton) is so big that any team below that cut off line is hard pressed to get any credit for anything. They can go 9-1 but did they beat Gate City? How about Powell Valley? Did they go man-to-man with a top notch AA team? The questions go on and on.

As for Hurley, no teams returning starters could have possibly been on the field as many minutes as the starters who return this year have. If they can punch it in the endzone a little more frequently, there experience will payoff.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey REDMAN. I can spell ARGUING so im not as bad off as you. And by the way a smart remark is the same as ARGUING so I guess you can be considered the same as you put in you statement lol. Just messin with you.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Besides I know it's you John Rife lol. Learn to pick your names better lol. Your the only man I know why chews REDMAN lol. cool.gif