Bluefield 67, PikeView 52

Bluefield_Rules

Bluefield pulled away in the second half thanks to a much improved defense and sealed the game at the foul-line in the 4th quarter going 12-15. Bluefield faces Summers County next Wednesday at Princeton Senior High for the Region 7 title.

I really hope Bluefield can play a bit better next week. Pikeview shouldn't have even been in the game past the 1st quarter and Bluefield let them stay around until midway through the fourth quarter.

This is the bets analogy i could think of, our team reminds me of seabuscuit, because we hang in there with the other horse's but near the end, we open it up on them...Thats personally what i think, didnt we lose to summers county by 15 last time?

I don't understand how Bluefield doesn't know how to break down a zone? What scares me even more is that Gilliard hasn't taught them this or realized it by watching film and focusing on it during practice.

It's something that should have been addressed early in the season b/c you can bet Bluefield will see a zone from now until the end of their season. Dexter Moore seemed to know how to, he was the only one driving baseline last night.

There is no doubt the best lineup last night was Repass, Moore, Coeburn, Matthews, and either Crosby (he really impressive me) or Manns. Maurice Jordan had a rough game and looked somewhat nervous. Plus, Payne simply scares the crap out of me when he's dribbling the ball b/c he dribbles too much and gets lazy with the ball.

[ QUOTE ]

Maurice Jordan had a rough game and looked somewhat nervous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say so..I mean he's only a freshman. Thats alot of pressure on a freshman PG leading them in a big game like that...But i think he should start reguardless. He showed how good he could play when we played Logan. So i say let him, coeburn,moore,Repass. And give Crosby the starting job over matthews...I really think we do alot better without matthews. But he proved me wrong last nite. So who knows...

When Matthews comes to play, like last night, he can be a huge plus for Bluefield inside. I bet he had 13-15 boards last night to go along with his 11 points. If he'll continue to play like that then Bluefield just might have a chance at the whole thing.

We were still learing what we could do that early in the season..Now that the players know there assignments and know what to do in certain situations of the game... And learned that jordan is a very good PG

I say if we meet again, it will be a pretty good game. Atleast i hope...

[ QUOTE ]

Do we allready know who'd we play if we defeat summers co.?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, starting this year the state tournament in Charleston will be seeded. The pairings won't be officially released until the end of next week after the regional title games in all three classes are completed.

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully we'll get matched up against Weir. That would be the only way I would make the trip to Charleston.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, i hope this game dont go down the way the 2 football games did when we played them, I cant take anymore close games. Logan was enough...haha