Maryland/ Virginia Tech

Now thats wat im talkin bout right there, by the way the announcers were talking Tech wins this game and does good in the Tourney and they are in the NCAA tourney. I was suppose to be at this game but found out this mornin i had to work man id gave nething to go.

[ QUOTE ]

Now thats wat im talkin bout right there, by the way the announcers were talking Tech wins this game and does good in the Tourney and they are in the NCAA tourney. I was suppose to be at this game but found out this mornin i had to work man id gave nething to go.

[/ QUOTE ]]

Well you could have gave up your job to go! sike haha

Well i just thought about it and Tech now at least finishes with a shair of 4th place in the ACC. Hows that for first year lol, i am proud as i can be of them and hopefully they can keep it going to the ACC tourney and then on to the NCAA.

After thinking about it, VT could actually get a first round bye in the ACC tournament next week (the top 5 seeds do), which means one win would put them into Semi-Final Saturday. If the Hokies reach Semi-Final Saturday in the ACC tournament then they should be a lock to make the NCAAs.

If NC State loses then they would be a lock for first round bye which means yes they would get into Semi's which means yes they *should* be a lock for NCAA. BUT, if NC State was to happen to beat Wake tomorrow then im pretty sure they would move in front of Tech cause of overall win/loss, which means tech would have to play in first round game right?

The first tie-breaker is based on head-to-head meetings between the teams tied. NC State and VT split the record season series, BUT VT won the only meeting with GT. So as such the Hokies are guaranteed a first round bye and will go into the tournament as either the 4th seed or the 5th. That's huge for Hokies. Here are how the brackets stack up:

acc-m-bracket-2005.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats freakin awsome, so basically they are pretty much in NCAA and with a NC State loss it helps even more correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I would say they'll have to win the 4/5 match-up next Friday to feel comfortable about getting in.

Well that would kick big time but they'd have to play even better than today to beat a UNC or wake team cause well we've already beat Dook. but i know from history they are a diff. team in march than in reg. season./

Yeap, and even tho it is a long shot i still can see it happening they are a pretty good team in a tough conference and nobody would have thought they would be tied for 4th at the end of the reg. season.

no no...im pretty sure hes just a softmore. Which means 2 more years of him in both sports if he doesnt make it big in football next year and go to the draft but not many TE's go to the draft early( but ya see wat Miller is doing) he will stay 4 years tho im sure. Tech basketball is on a incline for sure and Tech football is already there climbing even more.