Graham v. Abington

JDove

Congratulations! It looked like it was getting pretty rough out there (8 yellows!!! yeow!). Was the coach cautioned in the second half for an illegal substitution, or was it the player? The "super intelligent" official failed to make it obvious to those watching.

Abingdon did have one yellow card. that ref EDIT "handled the match rather lovely i would say. the chap was spot on at every infringement" END EDIT. *cough cough sarcasm cough* why would he turn to the bench and hold up the card when cautioning a player? shouldn't he have held it up high over, oh, i don't know... the player getting cautioned maybe?! he didn't even hold it up high so we knew what was happening. he just held it out, barely chest height. *sigh* sorry, that bugged me all night. i feel better now, though. anyway, congrats on the W!

Oh that card the way I think that it went down... It was hard to see even on the field though... but anyways... Our defender got bloodied up and coach took him off the field stupidly... so then the player who came on got a yellow and the guy who came off... If this is incorrect please correct me other graham players...

Defender had blood and ran off the field on a dead ball. As soon as it happened a substitution came in. Ref said he didnt wave him on and didn't see the bloodied man go off.. so he yellowed both players.

*deep breath* oh boy... uh... hmmm. well, i thought he did well calling the match between you guys and richlands. a few mistakes, but nothing overly glaring or controversial. everyone makes mistakes. overall he did well i thought.

tonight... i don't know what game he was watching. he was spot on with the PKs for the most part, other than forcing the Abingdon PK to be retaken? why did the kid have to do it twice? i heard someone in the crowd suggest it was b/c someone was over the penalty area line or something like that, but that's ridiculous. once it's in the net, it doesn't matter who stood where, b/c no one in any way affected or impeded either the kicker nor the GK.

he missed a few fouls which should have been obvious. two pushes come to mind b/c they were right in front of me. when you see someone fall or even just unbalanced and the guy closest to him has his arms out towards him, that's an easy call. whether there was malice or intent to push, it doesn't matter. it's a foul.

the cards, the circumstances under which they were issued, and the manner in which he physically presented the card left many if not all in the stands confused. ... the obvious ones for certain bad tackles were easy to understand, but there were odd instances like the one at the beginning. just calling two players over and sending them to the bench while holding a yellow in a barely visible manner is confusing to fans. not to mention there were quite a few whistles that left my friend and myself mystified. he blew for a high kick on a player that safely volleyed a ball down field without even showing his studs!?!?

and i saw this against richlands tuesday and chalked it up to bias officiating (no offense), but it happened to the home team tonight. on tuesday a richlands player was fouled, the ball fell to his teammate who had a semi break away and an obvious advantage. rather than play advantage the ref stopped it dead. he did the same tonight to you guys. maybe he doesn't understand the concept of advantage. his performance in the middle tonight was pretty poor. perhaps he just had an off night. it happens to everyone. on the other hand controversy sometimes makes sports great grin.gif. it didn't cost either team a result, though, and that's the important thing. as long as the match is decided by skill and not officiating, that's what counts. i don't want to say someone's a bad ref if i only see them work twice. in my mind right now he's 50/50. how's that?

WHEW! my two cents.

Alright....our Ref's....well....I don't like them.....I go to graham...i play for graham...and i really..really...REALLY...don't like our ref's....well manden's alright but......yeah...the other two..duffy n the other dude...not on my list of favorite ppl.

I'm not a fan of him either. But there is one thing i've noticed. The refs around here (you know who i'm talkin about, there's maybe 5 main ones) are different on the girls field. I can watch the same ref throw 5 yellows during a guys game but let the girls slide with cheerleader-like high kicks.... anyone else see where i'm coming from?