Morgantown burns again!

bigbluetuba

[ QUOTE ]

More than 30 street fires were set and at least four cars were overturned in the aftermath.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Morgantown police and firefighters spent hours trying to get the situation under control. Police Chief Phillip Scott said police vehicles were among those damaged in the mayhem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one was seriously injured, although Trevillian said several firefighters were hit by bottles or cans thrown at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Dominion Post of Morgantown reported that a couch was thrown off a balcony and hit someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> "We know how to have fun, and we do it in a responsible way," said a man who identified himself as Jeff Goodboy. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Dominion Post of Morgantown reported that a couch was thrown off a balcony and hit someone

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!!!!!!!! lol

Well they have a right to celebrate for there win but they took it way to far. I don't see how setting fires can be fun?? confused.gif

No they don't have a right to celebrate anything the way they go about it. Most fans of college athletics celebrate by going out to local bars and restaurants, or just having a tailgate party in the parking lot. WVU fans celebrate by assaulting people and destroying property. I hope VT never plays them again after this season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No they don't have a right to celebrate anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your mad just because your virginia tech hokies got put out in the NIT, and were still in it. Thats what i think.. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree because when you make it to the Elite Eight as a under dawg then you definately have a right to celebrate. And i said in my first post that they DID take it to far

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No they don't have a right to celebrate anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your mad just because your virginia tech hokies got put out in the NIT, and were still in it. Thats what i think.. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were a basketball fan you would probably be right. But since I'm not.... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just as long as no one gets hurt!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but did you read the article?

[ QUOTE ]

No one was seriously injured, although Trevillian said several firefighters were hit by bottles or cans thrown at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Dominion Post of Morgantown reported that a couch was thrown off a balcony and hit someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone got hurt, more than just a single individual. And what kind of classless clown throws a beer bottle at a firefighter?

[ QUOTE ]

And what kind of classless clown throws a beer bottle at a firefighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending weather the bottle of beer was empty or not, it was either a drunk crown. Or a sober clown trying to cut back on a few...

[ QUOTE ]

And what kind of classless clown throws a beer bottle at a firefighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending weather the bottle of beer was empty or not, it was either a drunk clown chucking the bottle if it was an emtpy can. Or if you saw somebody chuck a can of bud lite at somebody and see beer spew everywhere. Its a safe guess to say that he's a ex-alcholic thats trying to cut back.. grin.gif

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- University officials condemned students and fans who celebrated West Virginia's victory in an NCAA regional semifinal by setting about 50 street fires.

The Mountaineers defeated Texas Tech 65-60 on Thursday night, moving into the regional finals for the first time since Jerry West led the school to the NCAA championship game in 1959.

"It's unfortunate that people who had nothing to do with the team's victory stole the spotlight briefly after the game," said Ken Gray, WVU's vice president for student affairs.

Gray vowed Friday that students who set fires will face sanctions, including expulsion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney05/news/story?id=2021214