USA vs Guatemala

dawgs86

USA is playing Guatemala now and they lead 1-0 (Johnson in the 11th minute) They won 2-0..

Found this on the website.."Coming off a disappointing performance against Mexico on Sunday, the U.S. national team will be looking for redemption tonight against Guatemala at Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala. The numbers certainly favor the U.S., which is 7-4-3 against Guatemala, including a perfect 6-0-0 mark on U.S. soil. The U.S. has never lost to Guatemala in World Cup qualifying play."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?ver=us&cc=5901

Very impressed with the way the MNT played against Guatamala. It was a very good showing coming off the disappointing loss to Mexico, which in my opinion, was the worst I've seen them play in a while. We controlled the pace the whole game which benefited us greatly. Johnson, oh, Johnson. He played a great game with a beautiful goal and a selfless assist to Rolston. Also, I was pretty impressed with Ching, the other forward who will make a huge splash on the National Team. I really can't say enough as to how well they played. On the side of the players of Guatamala, they were horrible!!! They dove so much and never let play go on without whinning about something. After a while, I seriously got mad, especially at Ruiz. I thought he would have learned better by now.

panama 1:1 mexico, and the USA has a a friendly in may vs. england and... I WAS AT USA v. GUATEMALA!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!! if you guys EVER get a chance to go see our nats play (legion field is awesome!) DO IT!!!!! i was inches away from the bruce, mcbride, EJ, keller, the whole bloody team when they came out of the locker room!!! could've had autographs after the match but i didn't have a pen! got some great pics, though. i got one of ralston coming at me to take a corner (i was standing at the fence right behind him. maybe i was on TV?... grin.gif). one of the top experiences of my whole life!!!