Repass signs with Bluefield State College...lol

bluefieldRocks

BLUEFIELD - Bluefield High School basketball fans are in luck. After watching him play for the Beavers the past few years, Johnathon Repass will now be featured in a gym close by.

Tuesday afternoon at BHS, Repass signed a letter of intent to hoop it up for the Bluefield State College basketball team. The 6'1" shooting guard averaged 13.3 points per game for the Beavers and helped lead the team to the Class AA semi-finals in Charleston.

Repass commented on his decision to play for BSC.

"It's close to home and it seemed like a really good fit for me. They need help right off the bat, so I think that if I still shoot as well as I can and get my shot off , that I'll be able to go in and help the program right away.

"I really, really like the coach. I've known him for a while now. It seems like he was really after me from the get-go. I really liked that."

Repass' parents, Frank and Claudia, were both present for the signing and expressed their enthusiasm of their son's choice.

"Both of us are graduates of Bluefield State, so that kinda helped in the decision," noted Frank Repass. "We know Coach (Donald) Jones from when he played at Bluefield and he went on to play at Bluefield State. He always took an interest in Johnathon even though he didn't play for him.

"We were real thrilled that he decided to stay close to home and it basically gives us another four years with him."

"We've always been very supportive of him. It will be just better enjoyment on our part to be able to be there and support him in all of his endeavours," said Claudia Repass.

Bluefield head coach Ernie Gilliard also came to the signing to show his support for Repass and was complimentary of Johnathon's abilities both on and off the court.

"They are getting an outstanding young man. First and foremost, a tremendous student, a great person to be around, and his basketball ability is second to none.

"I think this is a great fit for Johnathon and Bluefield State is very fortunate to get a kid of this caliber. Hopefully his shooting ability will allow him to have an impact right away."

Repass plans to major in Business Management at BSC.

http://www.bdtonline.com/articles/2005/06/01/sports/04wedrepass.txt

It said "After watching him play for the Beavers the past few years,Johnathon Repass will now be featured in a gym close by." He only played for bluefield 1 year.. This guy should be fired..haha. I also like how he has on his state championship ring in the picture. And the princeton times has nothing about it...

This is a very good pick up for BSC considering that they only had 1 guy that can shoot and that was a Freshman named Omar. I saw Repass play and he can shoot off the dribble well and that is something that he will definately need to do at the next level. At the D-2 level he will play in what may be the toughest conference in the country. The WVIAC seems to always have 3 or 4 teams ranked nationally which speaks for itself. I don't know of the kid from WEIR but I wish him and Repass the best of luck and I hope that they can help bring BSC back to the upper part of the conference where they should be.

Apparently the Repass family had a prior relationship with Coach Jones and for that reason it was the right fit for Johnathan. I wish him the best of luck at BSC. I'm telling ya right now, if anyone can get the BSC basketball program on the up-swing it'll be Don Jones. He's an outstanding basketball mind and seems to relate very well with young people.

hey rocks the princeton times did have something to say about repass. it told the story how he gave up on pronceton and their athletic teams. but the didnt tell about how the coaching staff talked crap about him on the ffotball field and used him as the scapegoat. and that on the hardwood his teamates were running their jelous mouths during the season and summer league.

It's not his fault that he was the only "player" on Princeton's team. Jealous poeple will talk and say things that they shouldn't if they think they're good. They weren't good with him and he can play his a$$ off but when you have sorry teamates you have to shoot 20 times per game just to help your team be competetive. So Repass if your reading this, keep your head up and let them keep talking. They will never play at the nevt level. They will however get a chance to play at all of the community centers in Bluefield and Princeton. Keep busting your tail and good things will come to you, and for all you hater keep hating because that only makes real ballers better.