Graham High Sports

GHS06

[ QUOTE ]

i posted this in soccer and i was just wondering what everyone thought.

is this the worst year in graham high sports ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.....those will be the next few(post ahmad era) years. smile.gif I'm lovin it!

Overall, this was one of Graham's worst years ever in sports...as I said on the Soccer Board, NO Senior leadership this year at all...graduation will be a good thing for Graham this year...

Golf: 4th in SWD

Football: 5th in SWD

Basketball: 3rd in SWD

Wrestling: 2nd in SWD (highest finish ever)

Baseball: 4th in SWD

Track: 1st (I think)

Soccer: 2nd

Tennis: 1st

Don't even mention the girls...with the exception of Tennis and an over-achieving Soccer team...their finishes were worse than the boys...

Despite what some think (not going to mention any names...TID BIT...), better days are ahead for Graham athletics...

Yea Tazewell did have Graham's # this year in the 3 main sports.. of football basketball and baseball. Definately one of the worst years in those sports. only had 1 loss to them and was a 2 pt loss in basketball.(played 4 times) And Tazewell always stinks in b-ball

Every school goes through tough times. I think the last time Graham has a year like this one may have been '88. It's been a long time but that's life. You can't stay on top forever. I know this though, in the 90's I don't think that the Track team lost a meet to any SWD school ever. I know for a fact that it didn't happen form '91-'96. That is a long time and a lot of meets in which no swd team could beat the G-Men. That may be even as bad as Tazewell going 15 years and only winning 1 time in football until this year. We'll be back I'm sure of it.

G-Man Cross Country went to state as a team. 2nd in the district(just because Carroll brought a ton of runners out of the woodwork), 3rd at regional, and a state appearance by the whole team. Does that count for anything?

[ QUOTE ]

G-Man Cross Country went to state as a team. 2nd in the district(just because Carroll brought a ton of runners out of the woodwork), 3rd at regional, and a state appearance by the whole team. Does that count for anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cross Country??? Is that a sport???

well cross country the past two years for Graham has been the most fun anyone could have on a team....we have a great time...if you were at any of the meets you would have known this because of the pre-meet chants (lol) its great fun...the running keeps you in good shape and the atmosphere is friendly for the most part...