GRAHAM G-MEN 2005!!!!!!

ghs70

Oh, yea well I mean so far don't see to much going on about graham so just figured I might throw in a comment. I might be like someone from Tazewell on another post haha, Graham is getting no credit this year. They are going to be the "sleeping giants" as someone said. No one expects much but isn't this the season that for the past couple seasons everyone has been anticipating... those young players actually getting out there showing what they are made of...I mean seriously I am pumped up about watching them this year...But after these past years of everyone saying oh Graham is going to be good here in a couple of years give them time... Well this if I am not mistaken is the era that all of you were talking about and yet very few people have said anything about them except me. So I say common people give some opinions... And we are not going to randomly starting turning convo on this post toward some other team I want this one to be nothing but Graham! Unless you are from or supporting another team saying your going to whoop us... In that case bring on the trash talking! haha

I do think graham is going to be alot better than expected. as well for bluefield. I think since we lost most of our starters they think were going to have an off year. But from what i've herd and saw with my own eyes. This shouldnt be to bad of a season for bluefield football...

In another thread you said "Football is more mental than physical." Well I think the mental aspect is what Graham was lacking last year.

They lost a lot of confidence in the Bluefield game, regained some of it in time to play Richlands tough for three quarters, but lost it again when Richlands got some breaks and blew it open in the fourth. I think the first loss to Tazewell was a crushing blow, and in the playoff game at Tazewell I got the impression that Graham had already beaten themselves before the first snap.

If they can get their confidence back they'll have as good a chance as anyone in the district.

Yea that was a major thing last year. We had alot of great leaders on the team but from past experiences it happens way to easy that one person will get mad and then it just leads on to everyone else and when everyone gets mad they start basically giving up. I have seen it many times where even at the slightest call or word can make one player mad. Then trying to calm that person down, another person gets mad and before long you got everyone not communicating as well and well thats when the losses are for certain. I think what will help this year is, all those guys can work together. Not to say last year they couldn't but truthfully my class, (this past years' seniors) they can really get hot headed and when they do, there is nothing you can do to get them calm. But this group of guys they work well I believe.