Braves Fans

Blues_56

[ QUOTE ]

Ive got a all signed by David Justice the year they won the Championship. Pretty neat

[/ QUOTE ]

Justice hit the game winning and series clinching homer in game 6 of the World Series. Braves won that game 1-0 on a beautiful pitching performance by Tom Glavine. You should feel special Reno.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopewfully you can get a solid hitter at the trade deadline, so that you don't have to rely on some rookies, who have suprised everyone by playing like veterans. I heard ATL was interested in Aubrey Huff of TB though.

Best and worst trade? Of all time? Worst is easily the Braves sending Brett Butler, Brook Jacoby and Rick Behenna to Cleveland for Len Barker. As long as I live that will be the worst. One of the best would be the Braves trading Doyle Alexander to Detroit for a young John Smoltz. Alexander went 7-0 for the Tigers that year and got them in the playoffs (which is why they made the deal) but Smoltz has had a great 18 year career with Atlanta.

Well boys things are going to start to heat up tomorrow night. The Braves and Nationals are tied atop the NL East and they begin a threee game series Tuesday night. Smoltz vs. Hernadez in the opener.

How do you think this series is going to turn out?

[ QUOTE ]

Did we sweep the nats today? i was watching the game today and it was like 5-4 in the 7th. Braves leading...anybody know if we swept em'

[/ QUOTE ]

Braves held on for the 5-4 win and swept the series. Francour had a big two homer day. Braves lead the NL East by 3 games.

i think that th marlines should get ride of jack macean or w/e his name is. but hes old school and he burns out th pitchers arms. they could have ran away with it a long time ago if he wasnt there.

[ QUOTE ]

i think that th marlines should get ride of jack macean or w/e his name is. but hes old school and he burns out th pitchers arms. they could have ran away with it a long time ago if he wasnt there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon. They brought him in mid-season a couple years ago and all he did was lead the Marlins to the World Series Championship.

Franceourer (sp?) is doing mighty fine for a rooke, bhut how long can ATL depend on rookies to help them? They need to make a trade or two to stay ahead of the pack

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon. They brought him in mid-season a couple years ago and all he did was lead the Marlins to the World Series Championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but that was mostly b/c he was new. he burns hes pictures arms out b/c where hes "old school" he doesnt look at pitch count. so they about blow there arms out every game.

they can rely on a few rookies all year if they want to.

platooning three in the outfield for two spots, and they have brian jordan getting healthy if they want to use them, so there are only a few rookies who the braves HAVE to depend on.

[ QUOTE ]

he burns hes pictures arms out b/c where hes "old school" he doesnt look at pitch count. so they about blow there arms out every game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pitchers are spoiled these days. I'm sure McKeon looks at pitch counts but he believes (as do I) that the starter should be able to last longer than 6 innings. It wasn't that long ago that you only had a 10 man staff (vs. 11-12 today). The bullpen consisted of long, middle, and short relievers whose sole purpose was to bail out the starter if he had a bad day. The term "set-up man" didn't exist and even the term "closer" is fairly recent. Now the starter rarely throws more than 100 pitches and each reliever has his own inning/situation. If anything, their arms are being underused.