01/03/06 H Scott

01/06/06 A Wyoming East

01/10/06 A Liberty

01/13/06 H Man

01/17/06 A Pikeview

01/25/06 A Scott

01/27/06 A Logan

01/31/06 A James Monroe

02/1-4/06 Coal Classic @ Beckley (Defending 3x AA Champs Westside, Bluefield, Wyo. East, & Pikeview)

02/07/06 H Independence

02/10/06 H Wyoming East

02/14/06 A Mt. View

02/16/06 H Pikeview

02/21/06 H Liberty

02/24/06 A Independence

March Sectional Wyo. East @ Beckley

March Regional TBA

all in all a good looking schedule, I personally could do without seeing the likes of James Monroe and Pikeview on the schedule, Westside in times past has had its way with Pikeview and really though former Oceana standout Jason Mathis is coaching the Mavs, i dont look for them to much of a challenge for Westside seeing how in a scrimmage back in June Westside cut through them fairly easily

I believe if Westside could take the likes of Pikeview and James Monroe off their schedule and add maybe a tough Single A opponet or another good AA opponet and maybe a good Triple A opponet Westside would have a great looking schedule then

one thing is for certain, it will be interesting to see how things turn out this season for the Renegades, should WS make it to Charleston again i know teams like Bluefield, Logan, Ravenswood, and Weir wont be no push overs

this years squad really does worry me a lil bit

though we have a ton of experience from last yrs runner up team coming back still i worry, cause i know Wyo. East will more of a challenge than in yrs before and i really dunno who could step up and be the leader of the team like we will need, when Ryan Maynard and Michael Asbury graduated a few yrs back from WS everyone wondered who would take their place and it would be Robert Repass and Matt Lester, this yr i wonder who will take these guys place

those we have returning Forwards Chris Blankenship, Kyle Lusk, Guard Justin Sizemore, Shawn Clark, Scott Roberts, and Marcus Gunter, and then Centers Derick Goodson and possibly the return of Center Aaron Stepp, and the possibile addition of Tyler Davis among a few others

the line up looks good on paper, cant wait to see what happens, good or bad this season will be interesting and one i cant wait for to start

[ QUOTE ]

02/1-4/06 Coal Classic @ Beckley (Defending 3x AA Champs Westside, Bluefield, Wyo. East, & Pikeview)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought logan won the AA title last year? grin.gif

hey man, who was that kid for westside that was like #44 i belive? what grade is he in

hahaha you're right Logan did win the AA title in the state tourney, however Westside's won it at the Mt State Coal Classic the last 3 yrs in a row

in 2003 you had Westside, Tug Valley, Poca, and Indy

Westside beat Indy and Tug beat Poca and in the title game Westside beat Tug Valley 70-58

in 2004 you had Westside, Sissionsville, and i dont remember the other two teams, anyways Westside and S-ville met for the title with Westside winning 71-63

and this pass Coal Classic you had Westisde, Wyo. East, Winfield, and Indy...well Winfield came back from being down 14 in the 2nd half to Wyo. East to beat them and Westside would get pass Indy to have a rematch from the semi finals the previous yr at States when Westside and Winfield would meet there and Winfield would be Westside by 1pt, and Westside would turn the tables on Winfield in the title game giving them there first loss of the season, by only 1pt to retain to Coal Classic title

this yr really looks like it will be interesting at the Coal Classic, i just wonder how they will set it up personally, i hope they dont have Westside and Wyo. East facing each other in the first round cause that would totally suck seeing how we done and face them 3x's in the already, i can handle the championship round should they make it there just hope it aint the first round

i personally believe it will or should look like this

Westside/Pikeview

Wyo. East/Bluefield

to set up a possible Westside/Bluefield rematch in the title round and an interesting rematch at that, either way though should Westside and Bluefield meet in the first rd. or title game, i believe it will be a lot different game than what it was at the State Tourney (but on my end, i'd be hoping for the same out come...lol)

as for the kid that supports the #44, that would be Chris Blankenship, he started a few games for us as a freshman, but was basically the 6th man off the bench, this past yr in his 10th grade yr he was among the starting 5 all yr long, and i look for the same from him again

he was among the State Tourney team this pass season, and all state team and either has or is gonna be playing in the USA JR Nationals taking place in Ohio this month

i believe a lot of folk will be looking for big things from Chris this yr., i guess its just a matter of waiting and seeing what he does

here's a pic of Chris sporting the #44

scan2.jpg

alot of pics of Chris and the other Westside Renegades taking on Bluefield from the state tourney can be found on by following this link Westside March Updates

just follow the link, scroll down the page and you'll find links to the picture page as well as commentaries on the game as well

lol, no need to hate, if you all keep "recruiting" like some say you are, you all will as dangerous in football and basketball as say oh Wheeling Central?....lol

seriously though

if the new kid the beavs have to their addition proves to be a decent bball player too, the beavs could be most the most loaded team in AA this season

could be a good yr to be a beaver and beaver fan

and as for Rob, if only he could have done to Logan what he did to the Beavs the AA title would have been in Wyo. Co. again

oh well maybe next yr?...lol

yea and from what i can see and read on different sites, its already started huh?

oh well Bluefield can have football, just as long as Westside has its chance at basketball, that's the one i care most about...lol grin.gif

We enjoy basketball in Bluefield, but football is king and it isn't even close.

[ QUOTE ]

yea and from what i can see and read on different sites, its already started huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the haters. I never heard anyone complaining when Beaver was losing talent to Graham and Princeton over the years. So let'em eat cake now...

• 5 months later...

just a quick update on the Renegade schedule

Westside is no longer in the Coal Classic so mark that out in its place put Williamson

Westside plays Williamson on 1.21.06 (that's a Saturday) @ home and the on the 2.18.06 (another Saturday) @ Williamson

also just to let ya'll know the teams invovled in this yrs 1st Century Classic Holiday Tourney @ Westside will be

Westside/Mt. View/Liberty ®/Shady Springs

12.27.05 (Tuesday)

Mt. View vs Liberty ® - 6:00

Westside vs Shady Spring - 7:45

12.28.05 (Wednesday)

Consolation Game - 6:00pm

Championship Game - 7:45pm