ROCKBRIDGE CO.?

ballbreaker

They return a GREAT QB...Chase Prasnicki

Date: April 13, 2005

Player: Chase Prasnicki

Year/Class: Current Junior (2006 recruit prospect)

H.S.: Rockbridge County

Hometown: Lexington, VA

Position: QB

Question: Your true height?

Chase Prasnicki: 6’1.25”

Question: Your last weight? What will your best weight be?

Chase Prasnicki: 227. I’m not looking to get too much bigger. I think I can carry 230.

Question: Speed/40 time?

Chase Prasnicki: 4.7-4.8

Question: Bench/Squat?

Chase Prasnicki: 255 & 405

Question: Past season’s stats? System?

Chase Prasnicki: 1,650 passing yards, 14 TD’s with 7 interceptions and over 70% completion rate. I also had 8 TD’s rushing. We ran a mix of West Coast and Run n’ Shoot.

Question: Best games?

Chase Prasnicki: We had some big comeback wins versus Turner Ashby and Harrisonburg. Against Turner Ashby we had to come up with 3 TD’s to win and against Harrisonburg, the state runner-ups, I threw for 3 TD’s and no interceptions.

Question: Honors/Awards?

Chase Prasnicki: 1st Team All-District, 1st Team All-Harrisonburg Daily News and I was one of two QB’s listed among the top 25 juniors in the state by the Roanoke Times.

Question: How long have you been playing football?

Chase Prasnicki: Since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Question: Are you involved with any other sports?

Chase Prasnicki: Basketball. I started a couple games.

Question: What are your goals for your senior season?

Chase Prasnicki: For the team, I want to win the state, obviously. I want to do what I have the potential to do. I have to get it done. Pass for 2,000+ yards and run for 1,000 with a 3-1 TD-Int. ratio.

Question: Do you consider yourself to be a team leader?

Chase Prasnicki: Oh yeah. Yes, sir. I’m more of a leader by example and I don’t really yell. I’ve gotten better about pulling a person aside after a drill in practice, for example, to talk.

Question: What’s your strength? What do you do best?

Chase Prasnicki: I execute late comebacks by staying composed.

Question: What is it you need to work on most?

Chase Prasnicki: Footspeed and quickness.

Question: Where have you made your greatest improvement?

Chase Prasnicki: My strength and size. At the end of my sophomore year I was 165 and into my junior year I was 225.

Question: What teams have you grown up rooting for?

Chase Prasnicki: Fla. St. and the Detroit Lions. My father works with the brother of Coach Bobby Ross so I got to go to some practices at a young age and I’ve been rooting for them ever since.

Question: Favorite players?

Chase Prasnicki: Michael Jordan and John Elway.

Question: GPA & SAT?

Chase Prasnicki: 3.29. On the new SAT I scored a 1600.

Question: Favorite class?

Chase Prasnicki: Math or History.

Question: Toughest class? Any advanced courses on your schedule? What are your electives?

Chase Prasnicki: Foreign Language. My advanced courses now are Math Analysis and Chemistry. Next year I’m taking advanced Calculus, Biology and Govt. My electives are Weight Training and Creative Writing.

Question: What would you like to major in in college?

Chase Prasnicki: Business or Engineering.

Question: What else are you looking for in a school?

Chase Prasnicki: Obviously, the academics. I don’t have a preference in terms of where in the country it is. I do want to play D-1 ball.

Question: What schools are you hearing from?

Chase Prasnicki: BC, UVA and Wake Forest are the big three.

Question: Did you get to the recent “Junior Day” at Wake Forest?

Chase Prasnicki: Yes, sir. I like it a lot – the coaches, the atmosphere and the fact that it’s a prestigious college.

Question: What’s your impression of the two in-state schools?

Chase Prasnicki: The UVA coaches have always been nice. I know Coach Rocco because he’s been up and back here. We have two former players who go to UVA. It’s a great school. VA Tech I haven’t heard a lot from. I think I’m not really the kind of QB they’re looking for. They probably prefer more of an option-type.

Question: Have you attended any college football games?

Chase Prasnicki: UVA-Miami. I loved the atmosphere – how the players ran through the smoke and the loud crowd that was pumped up.

Question: Did you get a chance to watch any of the Bowl Games on TV?

Question: I watched VA Tech-Auburn which was close. I thought both teams were evenly matched. I leaned toward Tech because I’m from Virginia. The UVA game I turned off when they were winning so I was surprised to see the result later.

Question: Would you hope to make your decision early? Late?

Chase Prasnicki: I’d love to commit early.

Question: Will you be attending any summer camps or combines?

Chase Prasnicki: I’m going to the Nike Combine at Penn St. April 30th. I’ll probably go to a couple summer camps – maybe even five of the one-day camps. I’m not 100% sure how many or where.

Question: Where did your parents go to school?

Chase Prasnicki: Dad went to Emory & Henry and works at VMI. Mom went to VA Tech and is a pharmacist.

Question: Hobbies/Interests?

Chase Prasnicki: Hanging out with friends, X-Box, pickup-basketball and football.

Comments from Head Coach Billy Mills (Emory & Henry grad.): To give you an idea of what Chase meant to our team last year - we lost the only game we played without him. He was the glue and I've never had a kid who has worked so hard to get where he is. Chase probably could've started on the varsity as a freshman, but we had a senior who was a little more game savvy so Chase served as his backup. As a sophomore Chase had a very productive year. Rockbridge County has only had 5 winning seasons in its history and most of that winning has come during Chase's career.

Chase's breakout year was his junior season last year. He was a huge part of our offense. He got better with reads. I think he only threw 5 interceptions and we threw it a lot - 216 times in a no-huddle, shotgun, fast break offense. In terms of his passing, Chase threw the "smash" route very well. Ball placement is very good and he throws away from the defender. He also throws the post corner well and his understanding of the screen game is outstanding. We gained most of our yards on screens. He has tremendous field sense. Chase's game savvy really emerged. In one game we were down 18-0 and Chase brought us back to win 22-18. Against Waynesboro with just two minutes left we ran QB traps all the way down the field. He rushed for 60 yards on that last drive, including the final 9 for a TD. Ft. Defiance was a hump game for us. With a minute and a half left in the game Chase led us on a 95-yard drive. With 30 seconds left and no timeouts remaining Chase rolled out and had no one open, so he ran the final 18 yards over three defenders to score. He just wouldn't be denied. In that game Chase yelled at our defense, "Give us one more shot" and the kids really rallied. Rockbridge County had been a perennial loser, but that game helped get us over the hump. The kids since that time went into every game believing they could win and Chase is a big reason.

Chase is a throwback. He's the biggest reason I've been able to move up in competition at AAA Dinwiddie. Chase cleans 275 and squats close to 500. He really is a beast. I'm sure he can throw the ball at least 60 yards. I'm anxious to see how he does at the Penn St. Nike Combine. I'm sure a lot of people will jump on him.