Tennesse High & Powell Valley

FBDevotee

FYI Tennesse High and Powell Valley had a nice scrimmage at Bullitt Park on Friday evening. I watched both teams run maybe 20 or 30 plays each with what appeared to be first teamers - alternating ten plays at a time. First exchange of ten plays no scoring as both defensive units looked a little bit ahead of their respective offensive units. Tennesse High started about mid field on their second series and scored on the tenth play. PV followed with a 65 yard run by tail back out of the I. Tennessee High had a long pass for a TD during thier next series. Both teams seemed to have a large group suited up - estimate about 50 players dressed on each sideline. I give Tennessee High the edge but saw lots of promise for PV. Both squads are playoff bound this season IMO.

During the scrimmage with Tn High, PV used two QBs. Mitchell and Garrison. Mitchell appears to be first teamer. I guess him to be 6' tall and 170 pounds. Very quick - was not sacked a single time during the scrimmage in about 20 passing plays from PV's spread formation. Probably completed 8 to 10 passes but they were all short routes. He appears to me to be a threat to run for significant yardage this season. Left handed like Brad Robbins was last year for the Vikes. According to local papers, Brad will play football at Western Carolina.