Memories of coach Carlock

spike83

Anyone out there with personal memories of coach?

If you so much as practiced a single day, or got out on that dusty field with him for 4 years, then you are sure to have distinct memories which will be with you for the rest of your life.

I was 5 foot nothin, 100 and nothin pounds when I came under the command of coach. He knew how to put just enough pressure on you to make you be the best you could. Every practice you work through, every game you played was another reason he would "be happy to go to war with you."

You see, sometimes (a lot of the times when i went to school at graham)coaches lessons about football were difficult to understand. Training for the most part was year round, expectations were high for school performance. One acted with respect for his elders, his coaches and teamates, or dealt with certain consequence. We were all busy wanting to be good football players, chasing cheerleaders, myself at least with no interest in the future. We were all young boys becoming men. Many of us have since learned coaches lessons were really intended to teach us how to be successful in life -.

To coach I owe many thanks for having become the man I am today. My discipline, my persistence, my attention to detail, the "grit in my crawl", all developed under his watchful, and yes, loving eye.

Does anyone remember the poems coach required us to learn? Hopefully this sparks some memories with you guys about standing in the locker room, in line, waiting for your turn to recite the poems???......

My first personal memory of coach was the Summer before my freshmen year. Me and my dad went over to the school to get me started in lifting weights... Well I wasn't to sure how to do alot of it and Coach came into the weight room and was showing me the basics. He was showing me how to do Squats. The way he explained how to do it, was just hilarious but from that point on Squats were my best lift.