Renegades lost to MV @ WE in Grid-a-rama

RenegadeFan

[ QUOTE ]

Renegades lose to MtView in Grid-a-Rama

by Carl Cox (aka Lt.Carl on BR's site) of the unoffical webstie for the Westside Renegade

The Renegades played their second and last scrimmage last night in the Grid-a-rama at Wyoming East Vs. Mount View. We weren't that good but we weren't as bad as the final score would indicate. The big play and the late play hurt the Renegades the most. Two Long TD passes and two scores late in the second and third periods were the Renegades downfall.

First this was a scrimmage but very close to game conditions. The only difference was there was no rushing the punter and once the ball was caught on a punt the ball was dead. No kickoffs after TD's either. The first period was scoreless with the defense's holding their lines. MtView scored first on a 60-yard bomb at the 8:57 mark and with the PAT took a 7-0 lead. On the Renegades next possession they took the ball down the field and Corey Morgan pussed it over from the 1 for the TD and Justin Sizemore ran it in for the two point conversion and the Renegades had the lead 8-7 with 3:24 to go in the half. Another long bomb, this time with only 50 seconds to go in the half, sent MtView back into the lead, a lead they would not give up. It could have been worse as the Renegades fumbled with 37 seconds to go in the half and Mt View took over on the 12 yard line. The Westside defense held and the halftime score stood at 14-8.

The third period was back and forth until, with 50 seconds to go in the period, MtView scored once again to take a 20-8 lead. The fourth period was played with a lot of reserves and at the 7:51 mark the Renegades Josh Kelly ran it in to close the gap to 20-16. That's as close as the Renegades would get though. Mount View would score again with 4:43 to go and twice in the last minute of the game to bring the final score to 41-16. Like I said at the beginning we weren't as bad as the final score would indicate.

In our first scrimmage we struggled, in our second scrimmage we struggled again but starting Friday night against Liberty the struggling will stop. Hopefully on Friday night we will have Shawn Clark and Rolo Lusk back on the playing field, these two are a big part of the team that were missing last night. That is in no way an excuse for us losing, MtView has a very good football team and will be a force to reckon with come playoff time but come playoff time we will be a vastly improved football team.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all that said, i still think WS will be a good team this seaosn, although our weak schedule will hurt us come playoff time if/when we go up against someone like MV, Weir, Wayne, or Bluefield

still look forward to the season and plan on enjoying it as well

rumor is that Wyo. East did fairly well against Gilbert in this Grid-a-rama too, a lot of folks seem to think East will be a lot better this yr than in recent yrs where they've only won 2-3 games over the last 2 seasons

will be interesting to see what they do, i wouldnt mind a first round matchup against East in football, although i dont think they will do that good would still be interesting to watch it if it did happen...lol

Mount View only really beat us by a TD. We will beat them if we see them again. Shady is garbage. Liberty will not give us a game. I don't think we will have any tests this season. We should be 10-0 this year, not being arrogant. Will we win it all? Doubtful. I can't wait to exact our revenge on the Liberty squad. There is no reason we should have dropped the game to them last year. From what we have been told, Liberty couldn't beat our JV's. This is coming from the people that should know. The worst part about this week's game is that Liberty will be so weak that we have to sub in players and hurt the starters stats. Prediction: Westside 42 Liberty 0. I think it is 35-0 at halftime, the JV's will get the last 7 points.

shocked.gif

WOW

some strong comments there RM, i hope that the rest of the squad aint as over confident as you are...not saying being confident is a bad thing, but being over confident is

grant ya i've said in the past that WS has the ability to go 10-0 but in the end i dont see them going that good, i see them losing one or two along the way, maybe more

i hope for your sake WS is able to do what you say they will against Liberty, cause if not you will get a lot of humble pie from a lot folks...lol...trust me i've been down that path before

i unlike you think WS will have its fair share of test

i think the first test will be this Friday against Liberty, do i think WS will win?....sure i do, but i dont see it being by no more than a TD or two, depending on how we do against them in a "real" game, will determine on how i see the rest of the season

after them i think WS's next test will come in the form of Gilbert, followed by Scott, after them i think Iaeger will be a good test, followed by them i think this season Wyo. East will be more of a test than they have in previous yrs.

too me the teams WS could lose to are Gilbert, Scott, Iaeger, and possibly Wyo. East

i think it will be an interesting yr for WS and look for them to be in the playoffs and would like to see them go deep in the playoffs, but right now i'm just looking forward to seeing the season start

Listen to me my friend. 42-0 Westside. Liberty has no offense and cannot stop us. They lost their QB. Don't they have young useless inexperienced QB? The Newman guy couldn't hold C. Morgan's jock! They never have a real big or good line. Scott, yeah they have a QB but we win that one too. Liberty loses to us in about every sport. They are just accustomed to the beatings. They should prepare for one more mutilation at the Burial Ground!

oh i hear ya just fine

but i dont agree with it

as i said before i hope that the rest of the renegades aint as over confident as you

over confidence has been something that has caused a lot of teams that should have beaten weak teams to lose to those weak teams

and i'm sure from knowing coach mullins, that he is expressing the importance of the 1st game and how that it will be a test

i mean i remember hearing the same talk last season when we faced Liberty, everyone talking of how they wouldnt have a pray against us, but then we lost, IMO over confidence and mistakes caused us that game

i'm not saying its wrong to support our program, anyone who knows me knows i am one of the biggest Renegade supporters around, but i live in reality too and reality is those teams i named off (Gilbert, Scott, Iaeger, and Wyo. East and even Liberty) will propose threats to us this season cause IMO these teams have the ability to hang with us and possibly beat us

WS has done and been suspect against the run and you can believe Liberty is gonna try to exploit (sp?) that with giving the ball to Newman as much as possible and by possibly going to the air just as much (as WS wasnt able to do much against MV in that area)

i hope WS wins via shutout against Liberty and if they do, i'll come back here and give ya props for calling it, but as i said i dont see us winning by a TD or two if that

as for Scott, just like with Liberty i heard the same thing last season of how we could beat them and i honestly believe WS should have beat them, but we didnt, we lost and that was on our field, this season we are on their field they are more experienced than last season and will be looking to defend their field and 1-0 lead on us

so i guess what i'm saying is it's great you have team spirit/pride/support, but remember we're not the best, but striving to be and dont discredit other teams, cause while i dont believe WS is playing any team that is better than them, i do believe they play a lot of teams that are equal to them, which means anything could happen on any given night

i say this to ya just giving ya friendly advise cause i know how some posters can be, after you make such a prediction and it dont happen, they serve ya up with a quick and fresh does of crow with a slice of humble pie on the side cool.gif