be happy the Barons are not in the OVFL, READ THIS

tom

soem of you know, some dont, i was the statistician for 3 yrs with the semi-pro team based out of Charleston known as the WV Cardinals in the OVFL (which pretty much all other WV teams are in as well)..former Blfd stud Charlie Tynes plays for the Cardinals arch rival the Mt State Titans based out of Huntington..the OVFL has the worst management going and thats probably why the Barons didnt join that league but here is 2 excerpts from last nights game in Ripley WV between the WV Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Power this came directly from the OVFL message board..and YES the Power is nothing but criminals

Re: Week #9 Scores

« Reply #2 on Yesterday at 10:18pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***** Game Alert ******

The West Virginia Cardinals played tough against the Pittsburgh Power 6-0 till late into the forth but lost 11-6.

In the final minutes of the game, reports are that the Power began a fight with the Cardinal players which escalated to a full-fledged brawl which included fans on both sides. At 10:05pm The West Virginia State Police was called in along with Putnam County Sheriff's dept. and Ripley police to handle this encounter.

While writing this report, I have just received a call from Cardinal coaching staff reporting that several Power players were apprehended at the gate. These players were reported saying that they were going to their cars to get their guns. There are arrests being made...

If all reports are confirmed true, this is an ongoing problem in this league and the Power seems to always be on the end of situations such as this. And if all is confirmed true, the Cardinals will lose their field and facilities.

If this is not handled with...whats next? Someone could get seriously hurt or worse...When will the madness end?!!!!! Its (EDITED - NAUGHTY LANGUAGE) like this that will destroy this league, and this is a team that is owned and operated by league board members.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:24pm by titanscoach54 »

new post follows

Re: Week #9 Scores

« Reply #6 on Today at 2:39am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cardinals/ Power GAME!

This is my 6th season of semi-pro football, AND THIS WAS MY LAST GAME!

The WEST VIRGINIA CARDINALS WILL NOT COMPETE ANY MORE THIS SEASON NOR ANY OTHER SEASON! IF the Cardinal players want to finish out the season with the Bengals and Titans then it is upon themselves to do so!

I have never seen anything like went on tonight at the game! I did not see any Power players arrested, but the police could have filled up the jail house tonight from BOTH TEAMS!

What you just read from Titan coach54 was second hand information. Here is the entire story line!

While our gate personnel was at the entrance gate collecting admission cost several well dressed ladies did not want to pay the $6.00 due to the fact (they were water ladies) Well they exited their vehicles and were watched and entered the stands where they sit the entire game never once made an offer to help on the Power sideline.

Owners you know this is how we pay for our facilities, travel and equipment.

After a tough 2 quarters of football the Cardinals took a 6-0 lead into the lockeroom . We had a group of children ages 3 to 16 from a gymnastics center in Ripley called the "FLIP FLOP SHOP" scheduled to perform at halftime. These ladies in the stands had to be called down several times due to the vulgar language that was being used in front of our halftime entertainment that need I remind you WERE CHILDREN! My wife was called over to the Power stands by the "FLIP FLOP SHOP" director and asked her if they could be asked to keep it down. My Wife politely asked Please refrain from that type of conduct during the game and around the kids. MY WIFE WAS VERBALLY ATTACKED by the same "LADIES" in a threating manner. She was told their was not a thing her or anybody could do to make them change their vocabulary.

The kids performed, then left the stadium with their parents as soon as their performance was over.

3rd quarter kickoff Power was ready to score then fumbled the ball. The Cardinals 2nd play the tail back was tacked in the end zone for a safety and the score was 6-2..

Deep into the 3rd the Power kicked a 25 yard field goal to make the score 6-5.

Very late in the 3rd, One of the POWER " Ladies" that was in the stands threw a Gatorade bottle at James Clark's our # 4 Corner back 's wife and hit her. She was sitting in front of our lockeroom in a folding chair on the track around the field. Then the "ladies" in the stands and Clark's wife and Willie Hampton's girlfriend got into a big fight. Then Willie and James seen this and started over to the lockeroom entrance where all the action was taking place and several Power players were into it on the sidelines. The School athletic director called the police and they responded. After the mess was calmed down the game continued and the police left.

With 5 minutes left in the game the Power went up by 11-6 and then all (EDITED - NAUGHTY LANGUAGE) broke lose!

4 men in plain street clothes came off the Power sideline and ran onto the field and it was player verses player. Helmets used as clubs, punching, kicking, verbal threats, the WHOLE nine was out on the field. Once one fight was broken up, 5 more started. I've seen pushing and shoving, but grown men that are supposed to be Semi-Pro Football players, and fans were going at it tooth and nail! I started to break up several fights, but (EDITED - NAUGHTY LANGUAGE) I was thinking, Let me get the (EDITED - NAUGHTY LANGUAGE) out of here! Our head coach and the Power assistant coach was actually hit with a helmet. After 10-15 minutes of this foolishness the Police rolled into the field 10 deep! Charged the field with pepper spray in hand. THIS WAS A ALL OUT BRAWL! BOTH TEAMS WERE JUST AS MUCH FAULT FOR THE SECOND BRAWL! The Cardinals did not have to clear the bench when the 4 men in street clothes charged the field, but THEY DID AND THEIR WAS NO CONTROLLING THEM! The Power was not backing down either. Their were comments made about weapons and shooting and players being strapped.

This is in know way, or should be condoned by any league!

The game was called off with 4 minutes 30 seconds left. The scoreboard showed Power 11 Cardinals 6!

Helmets were also thrown into the stands!

The police did stand by and watch the Power board their charter bus and head back to Pittsburgh.

i did not see, nor did I hear of anyone being arrested. When I met with the officials to pay them for their services, I was told NEVER AGAIN!

When I met with the Ripley High School officials to pay for field usage, I was told NEVER AGAIN!

So, the Cardinals did lose the use of Ripley High School. The NFC south that played there this year knows it was most likely in the top 3 fields that the OVFL league has used.

I have called Paul Henderson to get the details of the Bengal / Cardinal game this coming weekend, Guess what........ No returned calls.........

I am just fed up with all the negatives of this league and it's teams.

It should be a mandatory league rule that when a team plays that their owner should be with the team. I do not know John and Kerri's situation about travel to away games, But in situations like this I know John would have been on the field trying to control his players like I was trying to do! But, Then again after what I seen tonight John would have been like I was helpless in a very bad situation!

J. R. Scott

CARDINAL FOOTBALL

RETIRED!!!!!