Honaker VS Clintwood info!

Mouse

The game ended with a 6-6 tie. Honaker should have won, but for some reason, after we tied the game up, instead of kicking the PAT, we faked the kick and tried for two. The fake play got botched and the attempt failed. Honaker is badly out of shape, you can tell they haven't done much over the summer! If they don't shape up soon, they could get their butts handed to them by a much deeper Richlands team!

Looked like a bad snap to me Clintwood had problems with there kicking game as well missing a PAT and a Chipshot field Gole. But I am sur both teams would like to get there kicking problems worked out in a scrimage and not in week one of the season

Untelling if it was a fake the holder did not know about it but Honaker showed good poise and almost scored on the play.

IMHO as the weather cools and heat become less of a factor Honaker will be a much better team than they were Friday night

I think Honaker has alot of potential they run the option as well as anyone at the HS level and have a huge line that comes off the ball well (However this same line seems to have some conditioning issues) Bostic was under center the whole game so I do not know how there backup would do if Bostic were to go down during the season but as long as he is the starter they have a gamebreaker type player that could score on any play. There backs are hard nosed runners but lack break away speed. On D I think teams with speed will hurt them but overall they are above average. I don't think they can beat a team like Richlands but if they can beat Haysi this year they will win there district and should be a better team in regional play because of there upgraded schedule.

so i was wondering if Matt hayes or however you spell it was doing good

and justin Newberry is the backup isnt he

i know it will fun to play honkaer this year i cant wait till the time comes

smile.gifgood luck boys